Chapter 24

It's been a week since that conversation with Veronica and it's been hell. Of course Luke didn't quit the band, he was just so angry. But I haven't talked to him since that night and he has been spending all his time with Veronica and the boys, trying to make the media happy. 

I was sitting in my room, scrolling through Tumblr when my heart stopped. Luke was kissing Veronica outside a café. I know they're fake dating but it's so painful to see this all the time. 

This is all I've been seeing the past week and I honestly can't take it anymore. I was about to call Luke and tell him that we needed to talk but my phone rang in my hand. It was Calum. I hesitantly answered it.

"Hello?" I said, confused.

"ANDREA!!!!" Calum yelled, causing me to laugh.

"Thanks for breaking my eardrum" I said smiling.

"Oh sorry" he said laughing. "But I called because I wanted to ask you something"

"And what would that be?" I asked nervously.

"We get a two week break starting tomorrow and we're all going to stay at a beach house in Venice and I was wondering if you'd like to come!"

"I'd love too!" I blurted out before I even could think about it. My stomach erupted in butterflies at the thought of Luke and I alone together for two weeks.

"Okay cool! I'll send the driver to pick you and then Veronica up at 5 am so be ready!"

You had to be kidding me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Arriving at the beach house sent a little chill down my spine. Why do I never keep my mouth shut? I always just say the first thing that pops in my head and its always landed me in trouble. I grabbed my suitcases, thanked the driver, and walked up the path to the door.

Just as I was about to knock, the door swung open revealing Calum in a tank top and flip flops.

"You actually made it!" Calum laughed, wrapping me in a hug.

I nervously giggled and returned the hug. "I'm just as surprised as you are."

"Come in and let me grab your bags."

I obliged and followed him in, shutting the door behind me.

The beach house was super cute. The living room was wide open and was connected to the kitchen that had a beautiful view of the ocean.

"There's a bunch of rooms upstairs but we're the only ones here so we can get first choice." Calum said, walking towards the stairs.

"Listen Cal," I said, turning toward him. "Whose idea was this anyway?"

"You mean the beach house?" He said, looking confused.

"Yes. I just don't know if this is a good idea. I haven't spoken to Luke in a week and.."

"Stop right there. It was my idea..." 

I sighed.

"Wait, let me finish. I don't want there to be any drama about relationships or any of the shit. I just want us to go back to being best friends like we all used to be."

I contemplated it for a moment before realizing that he was right. I do miss those times and this could be a great way to start over.

"Oh and by the way, Veronica couldn't make so it's just be us six."

We will just be friends. We will just be friends. We will just be friends. I'm going to have to keep repeating that until this two week vacay is over.