Sixteen.

~ Luke's Point Of View ~

"Agh!" I woke up to someone screaming an ear piercing screaming.

"Are you okay?" I ask her frantic, she curled her whole body up and pushed me off the bed, she was still screaming. "Julie," I shook her.

"No, I don't like it, I don't like it!" She screamed and started breathing heavily for one second. "Stop it! No!" I could see how terrified she was, and if you couldn't hear her screams you could see it in her facial expression.

"Julie," I shook her, but she stared into space shaking, her voice cracking as she was speaking.

"I-I don't - I don't like it, pl-pl-please st-stop," Her shakey voice was whispering as she shook her head violently. "You are hurting me! Stop!" She's shouting again. I look at the clock and realize we've only been asleep for twenty minutes. It's dead silent downstairs, meaning the guys still haven't gotten back. I don't know what to do, what do you do in this situation.

"Julie!" I shout, this time she looks at me, she sniffles for a quick second and wipes her eyes. Her lips are quivering, but she's silent.

"Luke," She breathes and she pulls me into her. "I-I'm sorry," She stuttered.

"No, no, it's okay. You just scared me for a second," I tell her as I kiss the top of her head.

"Where are we?" She asks.

"Nathan's house, the soccer team is here, but everyone went out about twenty minutes ago to go get some drinks and snacks, we aren't going to leave you alone," I say.

"Oh," Was all she could say.

"I promise you, we aren't going to let him near you," I whisper to her.

"I just - I wanted to - and he didn't understand - but what happened, I'm just not that person. I let you in my life and everything changed. I went from the girl who didn't know anything to this girl who was getting pushed around and was suddenly becoming experienced," She blamed me for coming into her life. It was my fault. "It's not your fault Luke, don't - don't get that idea, it's my own. I was trying to get my mind off you and show you, you didn't matter to me that much and I let myself get ahead - I went with him willingly," She sighs frustrated.

"Of course you had to prove to me that you didn't care - I had to prove to you I didn't care - of course that would have failed - and it did. I was going to tell you. I couldn't sleep, I couldn't sleep without you and I couldn't think straight. Do you know that? I was actually struggling to think about anything other than the rich girl who I thought was so arrogant in the beginning, but ended up turning out to be this amazing sweet, kind girl who knows everything, but has rarely ever experienced anything that she knows everything about," I tell her, and she sniffled as she looked at me dumbfounded for a few seconds.

~ Julie's Point Of View ~

       He cared that much? He explained why he kissed her, but can I believe him?

Yes, yes you can.

        He had given me all good reasons to believe him, he hasn't left my side once yet, he has comforted me, he has explained himself, he has lacked sleep, he has skipped school. You could tell he was lacking sleep even if he didn't tell you, his eyes looked tired and he looked like he had been high, but it was pretty evident that he was pretty much just tired from the way he scratched the side top of his head.

"Why are we such a mess?" I ask him shaking my head sighing while chuckling under my breath slightly.

"Who the hell even knows," He chuckles running a hand through his hair.