Chapter 11

Kayla's POV

Ross and I walk to the condo and look behind us to make sure that the van was still there. We walked to the door and I adjusted my watch. I knew there was a camera on us so I made it seem like I was hiding something. 

"Remember the plan?" Ross asked. 

"Yeah. We wait until Belle is out of the house and then I'll push the button signalling that everyone should come in." I lied. Ross nodded and winked letting me know I did a good job. Connor opened the door and stared at us. 

"Hello, Ross. Kayla." He leaned in to kiss me but Ross stepped in front of me. 

"Just show us Belle." Ross said with anger. I knew he was trying to stay calm but he wasn't expecting that. 

"Certainly." He gestered for us to follow and we went to a basement. We walked a little more and I frowned at how similar it was to a dungeon. He stopped in front of a cell and I almost cried at the sight.

Belle had her legs tied together and her hands were cuffed behind her back. She had a black eye and a bloody lip. Her clothes were torn and she had bruises and cuts running up and down her arms. I gasped and went to run to her but Connor held me back. 

"I don't think so. First, before I let her go, give me your phones, your camera in your boot and your watch." I faked a gasp.

"Why my watch? It's just a normal watch." Connor laughed.

"It's not a watch. It's a signal, I saw it on the camera. And I know your plan too." Ross and I looked at each other. We're one step ahead of him. 

"What are we supposed to do now?" I whispered loudly in Ross's ear. 

Connor smirked. 

Little did he know, my necklace was a camera and a signal. 

We gave him our stuff and stared him straight in the eyes. 

"Now, let her go." Ross said calmly but firm. 

"Yeah, I don't think so. I think I'm gonna keep all three of you here. She's fun to play with and Kayla will be too. You're going to be used as bait to get what I want." I scoffed in disgust and shook my hair but really was clicking the signal. 

"You made a deal, Connor. You better stick with it." His nose did that cute little twitching thing and his muscles were totally hot as he flexed them. And his hair, his beautiful- 

Kayla, not the time to be think of that right now.

Why must he look so perfect all the time? 

Connor looked at him and back at me. 

"I'll let her go. And you. But Kayla stays with me." We looked at each other and laughed.

"Yeah, no." Ross said. He wrapped his arm around me. 

"So, you either let us ALL go and we won't say anything or you'll just have to suffer the consequences." 

"And how will that happen? I took away your stuff." Connor said with a look of satisfactory. 

"Yeah, except one. Say hi to Riker and Ricky. Which by the way, they are going to tear you apart once they get their hands on you." Connor gasped and grabbed my necklace. 

"No! This did not happen! I did not lose!" He shouted.

"Oh, but I think you did." I said and smiled sweetly at him. We heard footsteps running through the halls. Ross grabbed the keys from Connor and unlocked Belle's cell. Connor grabbed me and I screamed and Ross turned and started coming towards me. 

I felt something cold and heavy hit my head and Ross stopped in his tracks. 

"Come one step closer and I'll shoot." My eyes grew wide and I almost cried. I heard Ross tell everyone to stop moving. The footsteps quieted and Connor smiled in triumph. 

"This is what's going to happen. I'm going to keep Kayla and everyone's going to leave quietly. If anyone makes one step towards her, I will shoot!" Connor yelled. 

While he was ranting, I heard footsteps quietly walking behind him. Ross looked quickly and sighed. 

"Fine. I'll get Belle and go. But do not hurt her!" Ross picked up Belle, who was still unconscious and handed her to Rocky who was at the end of the staircase. Ratliff, Ryland, Rydel, Ricky, and Joann were also there making Riker the person behind us. Joann sobbed obviously not seeing Riker. 

"How could you do this man? What happened to my best friend?" Ricky asked quietly. Connor looked at him and smirked.

"Yeah. Sure. You had all the fans, all the songs, all the friends. What about me? Nobody gave a shit about me. Nobody noticed that I was depressed and lonely and if they did, nobody cared. If you really were my best friend, you would have NOTICED!" Connor shouted. Ross nodded his head and I heard running. Riker jumped on Connor, which made him fly forward. I heard the trigger pull and I braced myself by closing my eyes for the pain.

It never came. I opened my eyes and screamed as I saw the love of my life fall to the ground. I ran to him and he looked into my eyes.

"No! Ross, stay with me!! You can't leave me!" Ross weakly nodded and closed his eyes. I patted his cheek to get  him to open them again. 

"Don't close your eyes!" 

"But I'm so tired." he said feebly. The police and paramedics came rushing in, handcuffing Connor and taking Belle and Ross to an ambulance. I followed them and they put him on a gurnie. 

"Ross! No!" I grabbed his hand which he tighly gripped. He turned his head towards me. 

"Whatever happens, I just want to say that I love you. And that you have been the best thing that has happened in my life." he whispered. 

"I love you too." I whispered back and our hands were pulled apart as they put him in the ambulance. They drove off and that's when I fell to the ground and cried. Really cried. I looked at the beautiful ring he placed on my finger and cried harder. 

He was the love of my life.

And now he might just be taken away from me.

____________________________________________________

Sad, yes I know. I almost cried writing this. 

And for those Connor Franta fans, yes I know Connor would never do this right? 

I love Connor too. 

Well, I need a bad guy and he just happened to be it. 

I'm sorry if you guys don't like it but that's just the way this plot turned out. 

Anyways, that's it. 

-Mikayla14356