Chapter 26

THE DAY BEFORE

Ross's POV

Rydel dropped me off at Belle's house. I rung the doorbell and Kayla answered. 

"Whatever you want, Belle's no--" I kissed her. After a moment, she kissed back. When she pulled away, she went into the loft with me right behind her. I closed the door behind me.

Then, she slapped me. 

"Ouch!" I complained. 

"What the fuck was that for?!!!" she screamed at me. 

"What?" 

"Do you really think that you pretty much say you don't want to be with me but then a couple hours later, you come here and kiss me? Did you really expect me to let you come back with my arms wide open?" 

"Yes?" I asked slowly. 

"YOU ASSHOLE!" 

"Babe, I'm sorry. I was confused and I didn't know what I was doing in my life. I thought I didn't deserve you and I was unstable." 

"Did I not just tell you that I was worried about you? That I love you? What kind of bullshit is this?" 

"I just want another chance. To make this right again." 

"Like you gave me one," she said sarcastically. I decided to either go big or go home. I got down on one knee, took the ring out of my pocket, and took her hand. 

"Kayla Coleman! I know I've made a mistake and I know I've been an asshole and I'm truly sorry. Will you please, please, please take this ring as a sign of my apology?" She thought about it for a moment. I really thought she was going to say no. 

"Okay." She said at last. 

"Okay?" 

"Okay." I jumped up and kissed her all over the place. I put the ring on her finger and kissed her on her lips. We stayed like that for a while. When we finally pulled away, I stared into her amazing eyes.

"What are you thinking right now?" I asked. 

"Um, I'm tired. And I want to sleep." She ran into her room and I followed her. We jumped onto the bed and she sighed. We looked at the ceiling for a while. 

"I love you." I told her.

"I love you more." she said. 

"I doubt it." 

"What's my favorite color?" she asked. I scoffed. This was easy. 

"Pink. Like Delly's." 

"Favorite movie?" 

"The Host, School of Rock, and Teen Beach Movie." I smiled. 

"That last one doesn't count." I faked a gasp.

"Why not?" 

"Because I don't like you. Maia is awesome but you ruined it." She laughed and I touched my heart. 

"That hurts, right here." She laughed again and shoved me off the bed. I fell to the ground. 

"Where does that hurt?" she mocked. 

"Everywhere." 

"C'mon you big baby. I want to sleep." I got back on the bed and wrapped my arms around her. She sighed again and we fell asleep. 

And for the first time in a long time, I felt complete. 

*

*