Chapter 16

Joann's POV

A notification popped up saying "New Voicemail".

I already knew who it was but I didn't even want to hear her at the moment.

I was still driving home, but I arrived about a few hours later. I got home, went upstairs and sat on my bed. I looked around and saw a picture of Rocky and I at the beach and nearly poured my heart. I wanted to leave so bad, but I realized what I could be leaving behind.

The bed started vibrating, I looked at my phone, and it was a FaceTime request from Ratliff.

Ratliff: Hey Jo!

Me: Oh hey El!

Ratliff: You look so different! Have you lost weight? *smiles*

Me: El, I just left a few hours ago *laughs* How is that even possible?

Ratliff: I don't even know, I just wanted to add some levity to the conversation *smiles* But really, you look great. Except for the fact that you have mascara running all down your face.

Me: It's the new style. *laughs*

Ratliff: You were crying weren't you?

Me: Kind of.

Ratliff: Don't worry... I'll beat Rocky up for you. But only on one condition.

Me: I dont want you to do that, but what's the condition?

Ratliff: You have to come to Cali.

Me: Why?

Ratliff: Umm... *looks over at Rocky and covers the camera*

Rocky: *whispering* Just tell her you have a surprise for her!

Ratliff: *whispering* Fine! *uncovering the camera* I have a surprise for you!

Me: Was that Rocky?

Ratliff: No... I don't know what you're talking about.

Me: I can see his hair in the camera, Ratliff.

Ratliff: Love you! Bye!

He hung up the phone and I just sat there in complete confusion. I called him again.

Me: Hey Ratliff.

Ratliff: Yes?

Me: You want me to come now?

Ratliff: You don't have to, I'll come get you.

Me: Thank God! Cause I wasn't driving that distance again *laughs*

Ratliff: Yeah. So see you at night?

Me: What time?

Ratliff: Erm... 9 ish. 10 ish.

Me: Okay. And how long am I staying?

Ratliff: Erm... Hold on *covers the camera* *whispers* How long is she staying?

Rocky: *whispering* Like a week.