Chapter 29

Joann's POV

{Background: Kayla's wedding is in two nights, Joann is nine months pregnant and due any minute. Ratliff, Ross, Rocky, Ryland, Ricky, Riker, Dylan and a few other of the boys friends were in Vegas for time away before Ross got hitched. Kayla, Joann, Rydel, Belle and a few others were in Colorado prepping for the wedding.}

Kayla and I were driving to the liquor store to get some drinks for the bachelor and bachelorette party. And of course I had to be pregnant, so all I could do was pour cranberry juice into a wine glass and hope to fit in with the crowd.

Kayla: So are you ready?

 Me: For?

Kayla: My wedding *smiling*

Me: Yeah, I'm so excited for you! But are you ready?

Kayla: More than I ever will be.

Me: Yeah, it's really a blessing having men like them. I mean Rocky literally picked me up and walked me into the house. Of course her threw out his back because... I'm such a fat lard.

Kayla: *laughing* You are pregnant. *stops laughing and looks down* But, what if you had to give birth during my ceremony...?

Me: What the hell Kayla! You just jinxed it!

Kayla: I'm sorry but-

Me: No! No matter what, I will make it! You were there for me, even when I was mad at you most, now I have to be there for you.

Kayla called Ross and put it on speaker.

Kayla: Hey. How's it in Vegas?

Ross: It's great. I should be back the morning for the wedding. What's up?

Kayla: I was just calling to see what the plan was for tomorrow night. 

Ross: Oh, the bachelor party? Um, we just wanted to do... what, um people do at bachelor parties.

Kayla: That better not include strippers.

Ross: *nervously* Uh, someone just... got shot! Bye! 

Kayla: Ross!

He hung up and I could see the anger in Kayla's eyes. She called back, but he didn't respond. 

Me: Are you fucking kidding?! They were all more than 2,000 miles away and we have no control over what they do!

Kayla: Seriously, I'm done. I'm just done.

Kayla drove me home. I walked in the house and Rydel was watching TV with Belle. A few hours spent with no food and watching reruns Rydel decided to drive us back to her parents house.

Rydel: Do you know how uncomfortable it is being the only unpregnant one here? 

Belle: Sorry! *laughs* But I could pop any minute.

Me: Ugh, you're telling me! 

Belle: And Riker's not even here!

Rydel: I know! Why would they just leave us here?!

Me: Rumor has it that they are going to a strip club. 

Rydel: How do you know!?

Me: I'll explain when we get to the house.