Chapter 15

Kayla's POV

2 WEEKS LATER        

I went back to the hospital to see Ross again. I went into his room and talked to him about everything that happened. 

"Rocky and I almost kissed but you don't need to worry. We laughed it off. We even stopped ourselves before we were even close to kissing. I know you wouldn't do much about it if you were there. Joann made a big deal about it, even went back to Colorado. She seemed so upset even though nothing happened. I really miss you. I wish you would just wake up." I sighed and touched his hand. 

I started singing the one song that had been on my mind for the past few weeks.

Every mornin' after

I'm the same disaster

Everytime it's Groundhog Day

Tell me have you moved on

Am I just a sad song?

Playing every night and day

Say, can you read between the lines I'm singing

I threw away the only chance I had with you

Baby, you'll always be the one I'm missing

All I've got left are the words that you said

Stay with me 

Tonight

I want you to 

Stay with me

Tonight 

I skipped the parts that weren't relative and sang the part that really mattered. 

Oh, Oh, Oh, Oh

Can we back? Do it over?

Oh, Oh, Oh, Oh

Can we go back to the start? 

Say, can you read between the lines I'm singing? 

I started crying but kept on singing. 

Stay with me

Tonight

I want you to

Stay with me

Tonight 

I put my head down and cried harder. He was probably never going to wake up and I missed my chance to tell him that I wanted to spend the rest of my life with him. I draped my arm over his body and tried to sleep. 

"You switched hands." a raspy voice said. I looked up and cried. His hazel eyes were gazing at me and he was trying to catch his voice from his short sentence. I got up and kissed him all over his face. 

"You're awake! Oh god, you're awake!" 

"Of course I am. I couldn't leave yet." He said. I laughed and gripped his hand. 

"I missed you. You were gone for so long! They were afraid you wouldn't wake up." I told him. He tried to lift his arms to hug me but the tubes were holding him back. I leaned into him and hugged him and it felt better to be in his arms again. The doctors came rushing in and I was pushed out. I pulled out my phone and called Rydel.