Chapter 10

Joann's POV

Mark: So where are we going?

Ricky: Connor's parnets' Condo Complex.

Mark: And where is that?

Kayla: Okay, so from here just make two lefts and the second right turn and you should see it.

Riker: The complex by the lake?

Kayla: Yeah! That's it! I'll get out and knock on his door when we get there.

Me: Just hurry.

Riker: What's your problem?

Me: To be honest, I just don't want to be here.

Riker: Why?

Me: I mean, I'm not a police so there is no reason for me being here and possibly mess up any sort of evidence that could lead us to finding Belle.

Riker: Well, you could still help.

Me: Riker... No disrespect intended, but this is like going back in time and messing up one thing. You just alter the present and what could have been. What if you... Never mind. Can you just stop the car and let me out, please?

Mark: Why?

Me: I just need some air, I can walk the rest of the way to the complex.

Mark: Alright.

He stopped the car and let me out. Honestly, there was no reason for us all to be piling up in a condo trying to find a girl that the police were already looking for.

I walk across the street into 7-11. I grab a slurpee and head to the cashier.

Cashier: Is this all?

Me: Yes.

Cashier: That will be $2.12

Me: Aww. I'm off by 20 cents. *projects voice* Does anyone have a quater to lend me?

{Silence}

I look around awkwardly. I look into the parking lot to see if there was anyone out there to lend me a quarter (desperate right?)

Me: Can you save this slurpee on the side for me? I'll be right back.

I run outside and look around. No one. I keep walking around and I see a guy in a hood.

Me: Acca-Scuse me?

He kept walking as if he didn't hear me.

Me: Hello? Sir! In the dark blue hoodie! HELLO?!

He started walking faster. I skipped in his direction and tapped his shoulder. He didn't pay me any mind so I took off his hoodie.

Me: Sir! It's very rude to walk away when someone is talking to you.

Stranger: It's also very rude to touch someone without knowing them.

Me: If I didn't know any better, I'd say you are *shouting* CONNOR FRANTA