Chapter 22

Kayla's POV

I drove back to the hospital to see Ross trying to walk. 

"What are you doing?" I asked and he looked up at me and smiled. 

"If I can walk by myself, I won't need a wheelchair getting out of here. And I'm walking out here with my pride." I smiled and went to stand next to him.

"You do know that you can't leave until your mom signs the paper." He looked at me with disbelief and shook his head.

"No, she doesn't. I'm an adult." The doctor chose that moment to walk in. 

"Mr. Lynch, I just need you to sign this and we'll get your wheelchair so you can leave." 

"I'm walking out of here. I don't need a wheelchair." The doctor shook his head.

"Mr. Lynch, you've been lying in a hospital bed for about a month. Your legs are too weak to walk you all the way out the back." I smirked and he pouted. 

"Ha! Told you!" He glared and I laughed. 

"You can wheel yourself out though." Ross stared at the doctor and finally nodded. He signed the paper and the doctor left to go get him a wheelchair. 

"I'll go get the car." He nodded and I brought the car to the back entrance of the hospital. I saw Ross wheel himself out and I smiled at how funny you look. He was concentrating very hard and wasn't watching where he was going so he kept crashing into the side of the walkway. I opened his door and helped him in. He waved once more at the doctor and yelled a thanks before we drove off to his house. We drove in silence for a while. Ross cleared his throat.

Ross: What happened?

Me: What are you talking about?

Ross: I know you had another fight with your sister.

Me: It's nothing.

Ross: It's obviously not nothing. You're clutching the steering wheel so tight that it might just break into a million pieces. 

Me (looking at my hands): I went there expecting an apology and all I got was a lot of painful words and the fact that my sister didn't tell me that she was pregnant. 

Ross: Joann is pregnant?

Me: Yeah. And she didn't even want to tell me. 

Ross: How'd you find out?

Me: Riker told me. And then she started yelling at him about how he couldn't even keep a secret. 

I started crying. Ross told me to pull over which I did. When the car had stopped, I cried even harder. He rubbed my back and whispered words into my ear. 

"My own sister wouldn't tell me something as big as this. And then she ruined my relationship with my dad which was never that good to begin with. And she made me look like a complete bitch in front of your family." Ross shook his head and looked at me. 

"Kayla, listen to me. My family loves you just as much as I love you. And I'm telling you, Joann didn't think it was such a big deal. It's just like that time where you almost kissed Rocky. You ended their relationship but she still came back and apologized. Don't you think your taking this a little too far." I processed what he said and I nodded. 

I have to go apologize.

__________________________________________

ABOUT 10 MINUTES LATER