Chapter 11

Chapter 11

{Ryan}

“Good practice today boys. I’m proud of you guys. Let’s keep up this state of mind, and do well in playoffs that are coming up fast. First playoff round is against the San Jose Sharks. I know you guys already know that, but we have to stay focused.” Coach Eakins announces in the locker room after practice.

“And happy late birthday Nuge.” He finishes.

I nod, thanking him.

It’s Sunday, April 13 at around 5:00. My party last night went until about 4:00 AM. I was up in my room until about 1:00 AM, and then I headed downstairs to talk to people just to get my mind off of things.

I’m exhausted, needless to say. Coach Eakins allowed practice to be moved to later in the day so we could all somewhat recover from the party last night.

Most of the guys, especially Hallsy and Ebs are extremely hungover. 

But, they still managed at practice, surprisingly.

I’m still fairly bummed about Taylor not showing up last night. But I need to get over that. It’s just one party. It’s not even that big of a deal.

I know that she has exams this whole week, and so she will most likely be studying hard today. I’m planning on inviting her to go for a walk sometime in the evening just for a little break, and to make up for the party that she missed...

“Dude, I’m so happy I met Courtney.” Ebs says, as he changes into his daily clothes. 

Great. More people talking about love. That is just what I need right now. 

“I’m glad.” I say, with no emotion. “She’s so amazing. I don’t think I’ve ever loved anyone so much in my entire life. She’s so beautiful, she’s so sweet, and she makes my life complete.” Ebs explains.

“Wow, you seem pretty sober right now, and not too hungover...” Justin laughs. “Well, Courtney makes me happy, and that’s all I know.” Ebs shrugs.

Taylor is the only person that makes me happy, but I’m not the source of her happiness.

Annoyed, I finish changing, and then get the hell out of Rexall. I’ve had enough of people talking about love. It kills me because the person I love, doesn’t love me.

I head home, and wait until about 6:30 to ask Taylor if she wants to go for a walk.

{Taylor}

It’s Sunday, April 13. I have exams this entire week, and I finish my last exam on Friday. I have been studying all day, and it’s 5:50 right now. However, I do have one thing to look forward to tonight.

Logan.

Logan and I are going to get ice cream at Marble Slab Creamery, because their ice cream is obviously the best in all of Edmonton. He’s coming to get me at 6:00, and we are going to go there together, just for a little study break.

I put my binders away, and plop down on the couch. My mind wanders to what it has been thinking about for the past day, once again.

Ryan’s birthday.

I honestly did forget about it. It completely slipped my mind, and I have no idea how.

I didn’t even text him, and I feel awful, but it’s just Ryan. It will be okay. He’s pretty chill, and I’m sure he isn’t taking it too hard. Plus, he knows how much Logan means to me.

I grab my purse and get ready for when Logan is going to pick me up.

Suddenly, my phone buzzes. I jump to check it, curious to know whether it’s Logan.

It’s Ryan.

I read the message.

“Hey Tay. Just wondering if you wanted to go for a walk tonight at 6:00? I know you have been studying all day, so I think it would be nice to have a little break. Let me know :)”

I sigh. He makes me feel so guilty. After last night, I don’t know if I can face him. Plus, I have a date with Logan.

I reply back to his message,

“Hey Ryan. Sorry I’m going out for ice cream with Logan. Sorry again.”

I hit send, and a wave of guilt hits me. I feel so bad for Ryan, it’s not even healthy.

I then get a text from Logan saying that he is waiting downstairs, and I feel happy once again.

I perk up, and head downstairs.

I see Logan waiting outside of his car, leaning against it, arms crossed. He’s wearing sunglasses, and it’s a very 80’s look. It reminds me of the movie 16 Candles, for some reason.

“Logan.” I wink. “Taylor, my number one girl.” Logan says, as he embraces me in a big hug.

I feel his warmth, smell his cologne, and listen to the beat of his heart. It’s perfect.

I get into his car, and he starts driving towards Marble Slab.

“How was your day?” Logan asks. “Horrible, you?” I reply, honestly.

Logan laughs, but keeps his eyes on the road.

“Pretty sucky as well. Studying is pretty tough.” Logan shrugs. “I know.” I roll my eyes.

“Only five more days.” Logan reminds. “Four for you.” I wink. “Yeah, but I’m only thinking about you.” Logan says. 

I blush. He’s too sweet.

“So how are you feeling about last night?” Logan asks.

I freeze. I decide not to tell him about Ryan inviting me to go for a walk tonight.

“Eh. So, so. It doesn’t really matter, it’s just Ryan. He’ll be okay.” I say, honestly. “I’m glad to hear that.” Logan says.

Logan and I small talk until we arrive at the ice cream parlor.

We get out of the car, and he opens the door for me.

No one is here right now, other than the workers. That’s good, because then there is no line.

“You go ahead and order first.” Logan smiles. 

Such a gentleman. 

I order as does Logan, and the two of us sit down and enjoy our ice cream together.

It’s a perfect date, and a great way to take a break from studying.

The two of us talk so much, that I completely forget about my issue with Ryan. Logan is just so easy to talk to, and even seeing him makes my week.

We hold hands as we leave to go back to his car, and I’d say that this date was a huge success.

And even though I’ve got five long days of tiring finals coming up, Logan makes me feel like everything just might be okay.

Author's Note:

Hey readers!

I'm actually going to Toronto and then NYC today, so I won't be able to update for a week! Sorry about that, but I hope you guys all have an awesome week. <3

You guys are all freaking amazing. :)