A Good Start

Reader P.O.V.

---------------------------------

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEE *whack*

You groaned as you aggressively hit the snooze button on your alarm clock.  Sitting up you stretched out your muscles and made sure to turn off your alarm.  You turned on the shower and waited until it became warm.  After the shower you walked back to your room and got ready for school.  

You put some bread in the toaster and pour some orange juice in a small glass.  You headed upstairs and quickly looked over your desk and bed to make sure that you weren't forgetting anything.  Putting on your shoes you grabbed your toast and headed for the front door with toast in hand and your lanyard around your neck.  Locking the door you began the 25-minute walk to school, looking up slightly to admire the morning's clear sky with scattered puffy clouds.

You actually thought the day was going by quickly.  Sixth period was about to start when  Amy walked in a hurry.  She sat next to you and tried to suppress her harsh breathing.  "Did he lose another one of your assignments again or are you just running late?" you asked her leaning over.  "John forgot to give me back my calculator," she said inhaling deeply," so I had to hunt him down right now before math started," she responded.  "I swear I could slap him sometimes" she muttered under her breath.  

"Sure" was the last thing you said as class was about to start.

Matt's P.O.V.

Sixth period had just ended and I made my way to my locker to get my spare notebook and laptop.  I checked the time and it was 2:54 pm.  Y/N and I agreed to meet at 3:00 pm so I made my way towards the library.  I honestly don't know why I began to feel the smallest hint of nerves, although I don't think it could even be called "nerves".  She is my partner but I don't know anything about her and this hint of something felt like excitement and curiosity, kind of like the excitement I feel when a brand new space article is published, that never before discussed territory type of excitement. 

I sat at a table towards the back corner of the library and brought out my notebook, flipping it open to my recent pages of notes for the project.  

Reader P.O.V.

After speaking to your teacher after class you grabbed your notebook from your locker and headed for the library.  Making your way to the back of the library you see Matt and give him a slight wave.  "Hey," you said as you sat down and brought out your pens and laptop from your backpack.  "Hey," was all he said.  It didn't really hit you until now that you REALLY had never had an actual conversation with him and that this could get awkward QUICK.  

"So I've been taking some notes on the articles and I think it would be a good idea if we put them in a shared document online," you told him flipping through your notes and showing him the articles you're using.

"Sounds like a good idea," he answered opening up his laptop and logging on.  

Both of you starting typing and a calm silence seemed to drape your corner of the library.  About 10 minutes into the silence you cleared your throat and without looking away from your screen you spoke," Do you actually find the topic interesting?  I kinda do and the works I've read haven't been too complicated to understand and I think the basics of it make sense you know?" 

He turned his attention to you and stopped typing, pushing his glasses up the bridge of his nose," Yeah, it's not as boring as I thought.  Biology isn't my favorite subject honestly but this topic isn't too bad," he said.  "And like you said, the just of it isn't all that complicated to understand.  If an organism in healthy throughout their life then they should live well into their elderly stages, but if there are illnesses involved that could really lead to a whole spectrum of what-ifs."