Warm

A few weeks went by and soon enough Halloween was a week away.  Matt had started to hang around you more at school and you texted each other for hours after school and sometimes even into the night.  You two were growing close, and you were positive you had feelings for one another, but neither of you confessed.  You did tell John about it since he was the first to figure it out.  Matt hadn't told anyone yet, and he was careful not to leave his phone lying around for his sister to see.  

You didn't want to get ahead of yourself, but you started thinking of inviting Matt over for the Halloween movie night you were planning at your house.  Your friends were excited for the kickback, especially because your backyard had a small fire pit, perfect for smores.  If you did invite Matt you were certain the rest of your friends would pick up on it, but you knew they would support you and official welcome him to the group.  

Since Halloween was during the week, you decided to have the small get together the Saturday before Halloween.  You and Matt were currently texting about a conspiracy theory he read about online.  You loved when you two would discuss something like this for what seemed like hours, and sometimes it turned out to be so.  

Y/N: Okay, yes it makes sense.  But I don't think we'll ever understand "alien" tech, if humans even have any!

Matt: But what if we do!? That's the point, we don't know!

The conspiracy theory discussion kept going on and then you decided to ask him.

Y/N: I'm planning a little kickback at my house this coming weekend.  It's Halloween themed and I'm ordered pizza and we're going to watch movies and make smores later.  Also costumes are encouraged.  Wanna come?

Matt: Sure, I'll ask my parents if I can go.

Y/N: Awesome! It'll be great. 

Matt: You're not joking right? About the costumes... It's not a prank right, Y/N???

You giggled at your screen and replied:

Y/N: No I'm serious.  You can dress up if you want.  Be comfy tho.  Like just put an outfit together or something idk

Matt: What are you going to dress up as?

Y/N: And why would I tell you that Holt? I am dressing up, but it's a surprise.

Matt: ugh, fine. I should get back to you later.

Y/N: Alright, cool. 

A few hours went by and Matt answered that he was going.

---Time Skip---

Your friends should be arriving within the hour.  You changed into your outfit, which was a Sailor Jupiter inspired outfit you threw together.  Your mom decided to go to her friend's house for a while, wanting to give you time with your friends.  The food was basically set up and you would order pizza once your friends got there.  Your phone vibrated on the table.

John: I'll be there later, my grandma visited this morning so we're just driving her home.  My mom will pick up the rest.

Y/N: Don't worry about it.  Tell your mom I said thank you.

Since you weren't expecting anyone for a while you decided to chill on the couch and watch something in the meantime.  You decided on X-Men: The Animated Series.

Two episodes later you heard a knock on your door and stood up to answer.  It was Matt, and he had a bag of goodies with him.  "Hey Y/N," he said.  "Hey, come in," you said as you moved out of the way to let him in.  "You're the first one here, the others will be here shortly."  He followed you to the kitchen where he placed the tub of ice cream on the table.  "Jupiter huh?" he asked in a sly tone.  "Yeah, I love her! Her and Neptune have always been my favorites.  I mean Jupiter's spells for thunder and lightning always left the biggest impression on me as a kid."