Butterflies & Comfort

The next few days seemed to drag; the clock moved too slow and the sun wouldn't set fast enough.  You and Matt had planned to go to the Science Center on Thursday and you were excited to say the least.  There wasn't much going on that week, no tests or complicated assignments, so you knew neither of you would miss much.  Wednesday night had arrived and you and Matt were texting as if you wouldn't see each other soon enough.  Your mom had definitely noticed that something was different about you the last few weeks but she knew in time you would tell her everything.

Matt: Tomorrow is going to be such a nice day!!! It's gonna be bright and sunny!! 

Y/N: Yeah, I'm really excited! I can't wait to check out all the exhibits and the different photo ops! I heard they're outta this world cool!  And I'm packing snacks for us.

Matt: Thanks, I'll pack some stuff too.  Do you have any food allergies btw?

Y/N: No, none that I know of, thank you for asking.  Do you have any? 

Matt: No, I'm good :)  Is your mom suspicious of anything?

Y/N:  No, not really.  I think she knows I like you but not much else.  And in all honesty I don't think she cares much if I ditch school for one day.  You?

Matt:  My sister hasn't noticed anything, if not she wouldn't rest until I tell her. My dad has been busy with work lately so I haven't spent much time with him the last week or so.  I'm not sure about my mom tbh, she's tough to read when she wants to be.

Y/N: Aw, that's good then.    

The conversation seemed endless until you decided to call it a night and rest for tomorrow.

Your alarm clock rang and the usual morning routine between you and your mother started.  You got dressed and applied just a little bit of makeup and some lipstick, nothing dramatic though.  Breakfast consisted of a bagel and some juice, but by now your mom would be leaving for work; then she told you that she would be giving you a ride to school, which didn't happen too often.

Thank goodness you had prepared and packed the snacks and a few small sandwiches the night before and put them into your backpack while your mom was in the restroom.  She dropped you off by the front of the school and wished you a good day.  You walked into the main building and texted Matt that you were already on campus.  

He arrived a few minutes later and you started the walk to the nearest metro train station to take the train downtown and start the adventure.  The smile he greeted you with tugged at your heart and your smile secretly had the same effect on him.  It really was a beautiful morning and you knew it would indeed be a good day.  You made it to the platform and paid for a 1-day pass and awaited the next train.  

"So, what exhibit are you most excited for?" Matt asked you as you took a seat on the bench.

You took a moment before answering," Hmm... I'm excited about the Space Exhibition.  I can't wait to see the photographs displayed. And the Earth's Beauty one sounds interesting.  I'm curious about the type of interactive displays they'll have," you said with enthusiasm in your voice.  "And you?"

"I'm excited to see the Space Exhibition too! I heard they have some mini-movies to show the work that went into the displays." He replied.

"That sounds cool," you said taking out some snacks and handing him a bag.

"Thank you," he said as he opening the bag of Goldfish crackers.  "And I was thinking we could get lunch somewhere after, and then maybe walk around the downtown area," he said hopingly.