Sweet Smiles

Saturday had finally arrived.  The day seemed to go by rather quickly yet slow at the same time.  Matt should be over in a little over an hour, your mom was asleep upstairs still recovering from her leg injury, and you had brownies baking in the oven.  Because of your situation, Matt and you had decided to skip the dance this year and just hang out at your place.  Even though you didn't really have anything to prepare for, you felt as if you should be preparing for something but you didn't know what.  You looked down and realized that you were still in the same pair of sweatpants that you woke up in.  "Yikes," you said to yourself and headed upstairs to shower, it's the least you could do.  You and Matt were already so comfortable around one another since he was basically your best friend too.  "Matt deserves a little more than this today," you thought to yourself.  

After your shower to decided on an outfit that consisted of leggings and a sweater.  You applied the quickest makeup ever and within a few moments, you heard your doorbell ring.  Matt and Mrs. Holt were at the door, you greeted both of them warmly.  Mrs. Holt greeted you with a hug and wished that you and Matt had a fun evening, she even prepared some fruit for you.  She asked about your mother and how you have been managing the situation.  Mrs. Holt has been very kind towards to and you feel lucky to be in a relationship with someone with such a kind family.  

Matt set his dish in the kitchen and asked about your mother.  "Should I go say hi to your mom?"  You looked at him and chuckled, replying, "She's probably asleep right now.  She knows your coming and she'll let me know if she needs anything."  You and Matt settled on the couch and started watching movies.  Pizza was ordered and laughs were shared between you.  

"I'm glad we're spending time together Y/N," he told you. 

"Me too, I've missed hanging out with you."  You got up to serve yourself some more food and Matt followed you to the kitchen.  

"Hey Y/N?" Matt said.

"Yeah?" you responded.  

"I'm berry lucky to have you," he said as he put a strawberry in his mouth.  

You giggled in response and looked at the food on your plate saying, "A good pizza my year has been great thanks to you."

A slight rose shade appeared on Matt's cheeks and he smiled saying, "You've made me feel as complete as that brownie that's still in that baking pan over there."  You looked at the pan and realized that indeed, neither of you had started eating it yet.  "I'd hate to break your sense of completion but I definitely want a piece of the brownie I made," you said to him as you brought out a knife to cut a piece with.  

"As long as this isn't symbolic of you breaking my heart soon I'll gladly take a piece of this brownie Y/N."  You two shared a hearty laugh after that comment and dug into the dessert.  You brought out some vanilla ice cream from your freezer and heated up your brownies a bit.  Once on the couch, you brought yourself closer to him and he placed an arm around you.  You looked at the TV screen and then looked over at the clock hanging on the wall.  Your mind started going and suddenly you weren't 100% into the movie you were watching anymore.  "Matt said some really cheesy things earlier," you thought, "but they also meant a lot."  Matt's embrace was comforting and warm.  You wished you could spend forever like that.  You looked at Matt and he looked at you, a bit awkward at first since you didn't say anything to get his attention in the first place.  He looked back over to the screen and tried to make it less awkward, but you didn't think it was awkward.  

"Matt," you said, this time to purposely get his attention.  

"Yes?" he asked looking at you.  

"Thank you," you began.  "Thank you for being so kind and amazing.  And just to reassure you," you said as you leaned in closer to him, "I won't break your heart anytime soon.

He gave you that smile that you've fallen in love with and pulled you in for a warm embrace.  Everything seemed like it was perfectly still.  You wrapped your arms around his torso and closed your eyes to take everything in.  What happened next you didn't plan on.

You both loosened your arms and looked into each other's eyes.  You leaned in first and then he followed.  Your eyes closed and so did his.  Your lips touched and your hand went over his on the couch.  You felt all warm and fuzzy and couldn't quite describe the sensation.  Matt moved his lips a little first, then you followed.  

Your first kiss with Matt was everything you would hope it would be.  It left you both a blushing mess, it made you giggle and have a smile plastered on both your faces for a while.  It made you feel happy and complete.  

Matt wrapped a blanket over you and you cuddled on the couch for the next few hours watching TV enjoying each other's company.

There was no doubting that both of you felt complete from that point on.

Much less could be said about the crumbs of brownie left in the pan.

--------------------

Thank you for reading!  Please comment your thoughts and of any errors I may have missed! Thank you.