Oblivious Feeling

Author Note:

Hi everyone! This week was my first full week of the semester and I know I will have a lot of work/projects/presentations/etc. So, I promise one update here and at least one update on my other book per week :) I hope you all like the upcoming chapters and thank you for the reads and votes!

Have a great week everyone!

P.S please comment on any errors I may have skipped over, thank you!

------------------------------------------------------

Third Person P.O.V.

Matt's eyes widened a bit and he felt his heart rate speed up.

"Sure," he answered.

"Great." You replied, flashing him a small smile. "Let's go."

You and Matt had proceeded towards the main entrance of the school, starting some small talk. Once outside the school's main gate, you piped in, "I think we should go to this little diner my friends and I go to, I think you'll like it."

"Yeah sure, where ever you want to go I'm fine with it," he answered.

After a few moments of walking in some peaceful silence, Matt spoke, "I'm actually excited that the weekend is here."

"Needed a break from this crazy week or do you have something going on?" you asked.

"Well, aside from the history test and presentation this week, I've been looking forward to playing video games with my sister. It's been a few weeks since we've been able to play for hours on end. She had some tests the last couple of weeks so that's been keeping her busy," he said.

You nodded your head in agreement saying, "Oh yeah, that definitely calls for some quality gaming time."

"Do you play any video games Y/N?" he asked you, looking up at you with a hint of hope in his expression. "No, I've actually never played anything that wasn't on my DS or off of a simple game site like a waitressing game or Fireboy and Watergirl, stuff like that."

"Oh," he answered back, "those are always fun. I once caught myself making pizzas for 3 hours." You laughed at his honest response and he began to laugh with you. "Are you kidding me, I once made frozen yogurt orders for almost 5 hours! It was summertime and I couldn't sleep. If it weren't for my mom coming into my room I'm sure it would have turned into an all-nighter."

Matt scratched the back of his head, trying to keep eye contact with you saying, "Maybe I can teach you how to play on another console sometime? " You looked over to him and noticed the slightest blush on his cheeks, but before you could answer he continued, "If you want to learn that is, it's totally up to you, I mean I'm sure you could pick up on the basics quickly..."

Before the boy could ramble on any longer you placed a hand on his shoulder, making him return eye contact with you again, "Sure, I'd like to learn sometime."

Matt stopped talking and looked into your eyes, and held his stare for a few more seconds, you doing the same. You broke the stare continued to walk, except now you looked down at the ground. Eventually you made it to your destination and a hint of anxiety entered the back of your mind. Matt held the door open for you and you walked into the all too familiar diner.

"Booth or table?" the waitress asked.

"Booth, please," you answered as she led you to a booth towards the back of the diner. You took your seat, Matt sat opposite to you. The waitress placed two menus in front of you and told you what soups were available today. You both thanked her and she walked away saying, "I'll come back in a few minutes. Let me know if you have any questions."