Chapter 16: Past

3rd Person's POV

"Jungwoo!" Haeyeon tried to call him but it seems like he too far away so he didn't heard her.

Haeyeon tried again to call out his name but failed again. She stop and catch her breath for a second. She then looked up and decided to catch up to Jungwoo but a voice suddenly called her,

"Haeyeon, wait!"

She looked behind and saw Lucas, looking concerned for some reason.

Haeyeon ignored him and looked back to where she saw Jungwoo but now he's out of sight. She sighed.

She was about to walk and continue finding Jungwoo but a hand stopped her.

"Wait.. please, let me explain to you everything. I don't want you thinking that i'm the bad guy here.." Lucas said.

"And why does what I think matters to you?" Haeyeon said, glaring at the boy in front of her.

"I..." for the first time Lucas doesn't know what to say. Why does it matter to him everything that she does, she says..

Since the first time Lucas saw Haeyeon, she caught Lucas' attention. That time in the cafeteria, when he saw Haechan and Jaemin with Jungwoo and a girl, he doesn't know why but he knew already that the girl seems interesting and he wants to be friends to her, or even more than that if possible.

Being a player like him, he thought it was only normal, to like a gorgeous girl like Haeyeon. But as the time pass and as he observe at her everyday ever since he saw her with Jungwoo, he noticed that she was pure and nothing but beauty in her.

And that made him want Haeyeon more.

Since he always see Haeyeon with Jungwoo, he thought that it was his enemy's girlfriend, and that made it even more fun because if Haeyeon will be his, then Jungwoo will be affected. Which is a double win situation for him.

He purposely triggered Jungwoo on that basketball practice, and even made a party, and he knew that party was his chance to get to meet Haeyeon well, and maybe get laid too..

Yes, Lucas thought Haeyeon is just like her other girls. But he found out that she wasn't when him and Haeyeon were in the same room together, taking about their common interest, which is Books, and getting to know each other.

And that night,

Maybe he didn't realize that,

Haeyeon made him feel like he's another person.

Not the player Lucas, but different Lucas.

It's weird to say it, heck it's even weirder to imagine the different Lucas but without even realizing that he changed that quick.

A Lucas would've cut class and play around with some chick by now but here he was, chasing Lee Haeyeon just to explain things to her, just to make her think that he's not that bad..

"You're waisting my fucking time. What did I even expect from you, the others were right. Get your hands off m-"

Lucas stopped her again from leaving by pulling her closer to him. Haeyeon stopped talking and looked at him in annoyance.

"Because I.." Lucas wasn't sure what to say..

"Because you what Lucas?"

Lucas gulped and look at her, "B-because you're my friend. I don't want you thinking of me as what the others think of me. A bad guy, a player, a guy who just fucks around.. That's not the real me Haeyeon."

"Then why are you hiding the real you Lucas? You're not a bad person, stop pretending."

"It's not that easy Haeyeon. You don't know what happened."