Chapter 11: Welcome back

3rd Person's POV

Haeyeon and Jungwoo ate together at a separate table. Haeyeon noticed how Jungwoo dislikes the idea of eating with the others, so she and Jungwoo just decided to eat lunch together at a different table.

"Are you sure it's okay to your brother?" Jungwoo asked.

Haeyeon chuckled at a nervous Jungwoo. "Why do you look so nervous? I'm sure it's okay with him. And Taeyongie is nice, I think you two are gonna be good friends once you get to know each other."

"I'm not nervous, i'm worried that they'll make a big deal out of this. I don't want to do anything related with them, which means I don't want any trouble." Jungwoo took a piece of meat and put it in his mouth.

Haeyeon was curious. Jungwoo is a nice guy but why Taeyong and his friends doesn't like him?

Haeyeon left her thoughts and came back to reality. "Hey... do you mind if I ask something?" She said.

Jungwoo nodded while chewing his meat.

"Why do you reject those people who wanna be friends with you?" Haeyeon carefully said, trying not to make it sound like she's a gossip girl.

Jungwoo put his chopstick down and looked at Haeyeon.

"It's hard to trust people and it's hard to identify whether people will trust back or not. Sometimes, even your friends can betray you by believing others' words and not yours. I've been with that shit and I don't want it to happen again."

Jungwoo licked his lips and took hi chopstick again, "So i'd rather be alone than to be with fake people." He said then put a meat inside his mouth.

Haeyeon was left speechless. She doesn't know what to exactly reply at Jungwoo.. should she say sorry? Or comfort him? Or-

"If you feel sorry then quit it. It's my decision anyways." Jungwoo stopped eating and looked at Haeyeon directly in to her eyes.

"And if you're wondering why I'm allowing you to be friends with me, let's just say that... you make me feel you proved yourself already to me." Jungwoo smiled and continued eating his meat again.

Haeyeon was left dumbfounded. She was just staring at Jungwoo. What did I do to proved myself? How did I even proved myself to him? I gained his trust? What?" Haeyeon thought.

"Are you gonna eat or what?" Haeyeon was brought back to reality when Jungwoo spoke.

She took some meat too and eat it slowly, still thinking all what Jungwoo said earlier.

"You know.." Haeyeon speak, Jungwoo looked up to her and listened, "It amazed me how you changed so quick. It's like, yesterday you're an ice and now you're like a soft cloud.."

Jungwoo laughed attractively. "Maybe it's your effect on me."

"You know if you kept being sweet to me people, or worse, your fangirls might think owe're dating.." Haeyeon looked at around and saw students looking at her and Jungwoo.

"Let them think what they want to think. We can't always control people's mind." Jungwoo calmly said.

"Well yeah that's easy for you to say since you're not the one who'll get the hates. And besides if Taeyong heard a rumor about us, he'll flip out." Haeyeon drink her soda.

"Why are you so worried? If they made a rumor, so what?" Jungwoo said and smirked.

"What do you mean so what? Are you out of your-"

"Well, You shouldn't be affected if there will be a rumor about us because you and I both know it's not true. If you become defensive and all, then people will think it's true." Jungwoo said.