Chapter 17: Time

3rd Person's POV

It's been weeks since Haeyeon found out about Lucas' and Jungwoo's past.

Haeyeon hasn't seen Jungwoo for a while, and she's glad about it. It's not like she's angry to him, she doesn't have the right to be in the first place. It's just that after hearing what Lucas said, she doesn't know how to react if she see him.

Jungwoo being a cheater.. That's the least concept she could think about him.

These week has been really really frustrating especially for Haeyeon. She had a lot of things to do in school and what Lucas told her still bothers her since she's not ready to talk to Jungwoo yet.

Her and Lucas has been hanging out frequently. Lucas would always notice that Haeyeon is stressed so he make sure that she'll have time to relax too.

Haeyeon is walking on her way to the library but someone called her,

"Haeyeon-ah! Wait for me!"

Haeyeon turn around and saw Lucas running. She smiled as Lucas stopped in front of her, catching his breath.

"I.... ahhh.. where... hah.. are you going?" Lucas said.

"I'm going to meet Jaehyun and Taeyong in the cafeteria. You wanna come?"

Lucas nodded and smiled. They both walked their way to the cafeteria and unexpectedly, they both saw Jungwoo, walking on the opposite way.

Jungwoo stopped his steps when he saw the duo having fun while talking.

He believes that Haeyeon won't quickly judge her if she finds out about his and Lucas' past but base on what he saw, it looks like Lucas already brained wash her. But that doesn't stop him from explaining to her.

The duo also stopped and noticed Jungwoo's presence. Haeyeon got nervous, she doesn't know why but she's deadass nervous when she saw Jungwoo.

She tried to smiled at him.

"Let's go Haeyeon-ah.. I'm hungry." Lucas pulled her.

They were about to walk pass to Jungwoo but the boy grabbed Haeyeon's elbow, stopping her from walking away.

"Let's talk later Haeyeon-ah." Jungwoo said, he looked at Lucas before continuing, "Just the two of us. I'll text you where. I'll see you later." Then he let go of his grip and started walking.

Haeyeon didn't open her mouth after hearing that.

"Hey, are you okay? You don't have to meet him later you know-"

"I'm fine. Let's go, they must be waiting for us."

Haeyeon gave him a smile, but it wasn't the smile that Lucas loves. It's not her real smile, the one that she gave was a fake one. She tried to make it seem like it's real but for Lucas, it's obviously not.

They both go to the cafeteria.

There they saw Taeyong and Jaehyun eating. The two don't have a prof so they both got out early.

The two seemed to be talking seriously, which made Lucas and Haeyeon confused.

Every time they're together they were either laughing loudly or quarrelling like a couple, but this time it's like their talking about why does the world exist or why is math even invented.

Their faces are just so serious and scary at the same time.

Lucas and Haeyeon look at each other.

"Are you also thinking the same thing?" Lucas asked.

"Well if you're thinking why the two are so serious then yes. We have the same thought."