looking around

Finally after a few days of crying from getting up at eight a.m., the anniversary, and the professor's little outburst days ago, I didn't have any class for the rest of the week. I was still avoiding Bell due to that "incident", so I pretty much had nothing to do with nobody to do it with.

But I decided I wasn't going to sit on my butt today.

Since Bell was in class, I was able to take a shower, come back to the dorm, get dressed, and leave with no problem. I decided to keep it simple today. Yellow turtleneck, since yellow was my favorite color, white fitted pants,  and even thrown on my white heels. I released my natural curls from my bonnet and added some curling cream to form definition. I looked in the mirror and may I say I looked good.

I never really had the time to explore besides the cafe, so now I was able to. I knew I was probably going to go far from the campus, so I thought I might as well bring my car.

Traffic was a bitch. I swear everyone wants to run over you down here.

I ended up around downtown Houston. Lines of cars parked down the side of the streets while pedestrians walked along the sidewalks and crossed the streets. I knew it'll be a hassle to kept driving around, so I would park my car and walk. That way I'll cover more ground. But too bad there wasn't a parking spot in view.

When I finally came across an open space, another car came just in time. We looked at each with daring glares. Before the other could decide what to do, I sped into the parking space. As I was getting out the car, I looked over and the woman had flipped me off. I smiled and shrugged as I strutted away.

You lose, you lose.

Once I settled in my surroundings, I crossed my arms. There were so many places to go. The House of Blues, bars, and boutiques. 'Where to go, where to go', I wondered. Of course I went to one of the boutiques.

It was named Envi. As soon as I went in, the cashier lady looked at me and asked, "Can I help you?"

I smiled and said, "I'm just looking around, but I'll let you know if I do."

She nodded and went back to counting the money.

I walked around. It was nice inside and gave you the boujee feel, but I didn't mind. But as I was searching for something cute, I could feel eyes on me. I glanced back, and it was the cashier. Now I looked around to see if she ever looked at the other customers, but no she was only looking at me.

I turned back to the rack and rolled my eyes. Let em look.

An outfit on the rack caught my eye. It was an orange two piece set with cute little palm trees all over. I totally loved it and I was going to get it. I knew the perfect shoes to accessorize with the outfit. Since it was totally my style, I decided to go up to the cashier with it, along with many other items.

"I assume you found everything to your pleasing, ma'am?" I could tell a fake smile anywhere, but decided to ignore it. I nodded. She rang the items up and held an unsure expression upon her face. "Are you sure you can afford all of this? It's a bit pricey bring your total to $450.97."

"With a due respect ma'am, I wouldn't have gotten it if I couldn't have afford it. Does it look like I flinched? No, now can you kindly bag my items." I stated giving her a bright smile.

She went on to bag my things without uttering another word at me.

As I was heading towards the door, I looked back getting the attention of the cashier. "By the way, instead of paying so much attention to me, you should've notice how that woman in the back with the pregnant looking stomach is stuffing stuff under her shirt," I gestured to the woman as the cashier went bug eyed. "But hey, that's none of my business. Guess I just looked so suspicious. Anyways have a blessed day!" I waved and exited out the boutique.

Through the window, I could see the two arguing while the cashier pulled all the items from beneath her shirt.

I shrugged.

That's none of my business.

◇◇◇◇◇

Juggling all the bags I bought from most of the nearby stores in one hand and devouring a donut from a nearby bakery in the other, I went to car and settled everything in. I think I had enough of downtown for the day. I got in my jaguar and plug in my aux. When We the remix by Tank blasted through the speakers. I drove around and noticed it was a beautiful day in Houston. Black crows flew in a pack and then sat on the cable lines on a post.  It kind of reminded me of the Birds movie which was creepy. I saw couples holding hands as they talked. The sun was almost beginning to set, and the sky showcased hues of cool colors. The fluorescent lights of signs started to turn on and shine for the upcoming night. People riding on bikes.

Houston was a beauty.

I was riding along when I came to a stop at the lights. I looked over to the left of me and saw a chubby, little boy digging in his nose in the back seat of his parents car.

Ew.

I looked the other way and that's when I saw it through my car window.

Houston's Museum of Fine Art.

It was big building that displayed different styles of art and huge banners hung in the front. Pillars were the main structure. It looked just like a colosseum. Many people walked in and out.

How come I never knew about it

The lights turned green and i took a turn.

I have to go check it out.