Death

Beep! Beep!
BEEP!

The great agony of my alarm pierced through my ears, forcing me to reach my arm over and slam the snooze button off. I returned back to my rightful spot in the bed and just stared at the ceiling. A bland white. I felt a sense of gloom, but I decided against it.

The clock read 6:50am. It's really early, isn't it? After my first few days, I was determined that I would not be late to anymore classes, especially to Mr. Lockhart's class. Seems like he gets irritated more by the minute.

I looked over to the other side of the room. Bell was still asleep. All I could see were her blondeish brown loose curls peeking from the top of her covers. I would wake her up, but I didn't have time for small talk. I just haven't stop feeling weird from the party incident. Besides, she probably didn't have class today, wouldn't want to bother her.

I slowly sat up and pushed my covers to the side. I decided to walk to the window and open the blinds to the see the weather that would determine today's outfit and hairstyle. It was nice outside. The sun was hidden behind some clouds, but still shined bright. The students that were already out and about wore simple, light clothing meant for spring weather. Closing the curtains, I walked to my little closet. I guess I'll just keep it simple today.

After I hurried along and took a shower, I came back to put on some lotion and went to work on my makeup while I kept my tile around my figure. I did a simple natural look and started my hair after taking off my shower cap and bonnet underneath. My hair was stuck in the air and looked like it wasn't going to move anytime soon without any water. Once I gotten my spray bottle and put some product in, my natural curls started to form. I reached for my toothbrush and laid my baby hairs down.

Some of these girls out here look a whole mess with those so-called 'adult' hairs.

I tied them down with a scarf and went to my bed to put on what I laid out. It was a nice red two piece with a long sleeved crop top that displayed the words 'Honda Racing' along the sleeves and the front of the top. I slid my feet into some matching slides and sprayed perfume into the air only to step into it. I slide my shades on and grab my checked hand bag as I walk to the door.

7:47am

Perfect.

I grab the door handle and leave. Finally being early to Mr. Mean's class. Next thing I know while I was making steps, my phone vibrates with a notification that I have had for the last few years.

Visit mom and dad.

Today was April the 18th.

This day had come to fast. It always came to fast.

Today is the day my mother and father died. I remember the day like it happened yesterday. The day that decided so many fates.

F: Third person

"You ready to go to Disneyland bud?" Mr. Haynes, Adonis' dad, had turn around and asked her as they were getting settled in the car, ready to cruise the road. They had to catch a quick flight that morning and decided they were going to have their car to be taken back home by a neighbor that were close with.

Adonis nodded eagerly as she sat in her car seat in the back, her curls sprawling in all directions. She was so excited and anticipated riding all the rides with her father... and mother. She was a real daddy's girl. "Ywess daddy. I can't wait!"

Mr. Haynes laughed and so did Mrs. Haynes at their beautiful, little girl. "Good. We wanted to surprise you since your birthday is coming up, baby." Her mother turn back around, and she saw their hands lock up as daddy gave mommy a kiss. Yuck! She thought. She hoped they wouldn't touch her until they washed those cooties off.

She looked out the window and could see gray clouds in the sky. Oh no, she wouldn't let some raindrops down her attitude. She fell into her own little world as she overheard the adults talking. She saw many signs and lights like the big sign that said, 'Slow down! Road is slippery.'. Her legs dangled, swinging back and forth as she danced along to the song playing on the radio. Marvin Gaye, her dad's favorite musician. She ate her favorite candy, snickers, as her dad talked to her mom. "The forecast says that it should be some thunderstorm," He glanced at Adonis, "But that ain't going to stop us, honey bunches." He smiled at her snaggletoothed grin.

The rain start to pour harder and harder, but they were so close to the airport it didn't matter.

Adonis had gotten bored with the adults talking and decided to toon them out with her own personalized Hello Kitty headphones. The next thing she knew, her mother was yelling at he father, pointing towards the street, but she couldn't exactly hear what they were saying. She hoped they weren't arguing. As she lean up in her car seat to get a better view at what her mother was pointing at, she was blinded by the shining lights...

I was snapped back to reality when I felt tears creep up through my eyelashes. My hand reach to touch my face, but then I rejoiced when I realized I put on waterproof finishing spray. I was still walking to class, and I could see the concerned looks some of the students faces. After I reassured them that I was fine, I saw that big brown down with Lockhart standing in front, arms crossed.

I sighed.

I can make it today. I know I can.

I braced myself for I knew my day would begin as I step through that door. I would see dad and mom today, and I will not shed a tear. I made my way to the door as the professor looked surprised.

"I see you finally made it on time to my class, Ms. Haynes." The sarcasm laced his voice and formed a smirk.

I smiled.

"Yes, yes I did," I sashayed into the class and faced him. "Aren't you proud?" I said as a rhetorical question as I turned around and went to my desk.

Yes, yes I did.