Chapter 11

[Ashton's POV]

"How are you receiving papers with B's on them?" My father shouted, holding up my paper from science and sneered,"Focus Ashton, stop getting distracted. We raised you better than this, your mother and I are very disappointed in you."

I frowned, shrugging,"It's just a B, I promise I am focused. I am just having a hard time in science, I swear."

"We can get you a tutor," He insisted, slamming the paper on my desk. "And I cannot believe you left the house last week without permission. Especially on Halloween. That is a very dangerous day to go out."

I sighed, remembering when I came home and my mum saw me. Thankfully I changed into my other clothes and had my costume underneath. "I am so sorry, I was just having a little fun and enjoying myself."

"A little fun? What were you doing?" He pressed, giving me a suspicious look that made him assume I was getting into drugs and having sex.

I shook my head,"It was not bad, I was hanging out with a friend."

"Hanging out? What have these people done to you? That is it, you are no longer allowed to leave this house," He told me, fixing up his tie before continuing,"Emma will be here while you're mum and I go to Betty's. Study."

With that, he left and I groaned. Luke and I were having our date today and I really wanted to go. I grabbed my phone, texting him what my farther said and looked at the outfit I picked out which was a bit more 'cool' than my usual ones.

Not long after I sent the text, I received one.

[From: Luke :)]

Sneak out, idiot. I'll be outside in 10.

I frowned, but changed into the skinny jeans, which were Ethans that he left, and a green sweater. He told me to dress casual, since he didn't have money. It made me question where we were going, but I knew it would be fun since I will be with him.

Once I was done, I brushed my teeth and fixed my hair a bit. I was really nervous, I never went on a date and I was hoping Luke wouldn't hate me afterwards if I mess it up. I just had to be cool and not do anything dorky.

Cool. Be cool.

I let out a breath and looked out the window, seeing him waiting on his motorcycle. I bit my lip, hesitating before leaving my room. On the way downstairs, I tried being quiet and was successful, until I let out a shriek when seeing Emma.

She smirked,"He's cute. I did not expect him to be your type, though."

"I can explain," I frowned, twiddling my fingers slightly.

However, she chuckled and opened the door while rolling her eyes,"Don't fret, hun. Have fun, just be back before midnight. There is no doubt in my mind that your parents won't stay that long."

I nodded grateful, waving goodbye and rushing out of the house and gate. When I made my way to Luke, he eyed me and chuckled,"You look cute. Even if it's not in those black slacks and fedora."

"Thank you," I grinned, seeing he was wearing a white graphic t-shirt and tight jeans, along with a grey jacket. "Where are we going?"

"We're just gonna hang," He shrugged, getting on the motorcycle and I put on the helmet, wrapping my arms around him tightly. "Ready?"

I nodded and we were off. The ride wasn't too long, but I noticed when we stopped that it was outside some diner place. Not an expensive one of the ones you see on old shows, but just some cool hang out place and it was in the neighborhood I met Luke in, which gave me the chills.