Strawberries- 10th Doctor X Reader

You groggily opened your eyes and reached for the other side of the bed only to feel it cold and empty. You pulled yourself up and raked a hand through your tangled, (h/c) hair.

"Doctor?" you called out, voice still hoarse with sleep. You shook your head and swung your feet over to the floor, grabbing the blanket and keeping it securely wrapped around you as you trotted down one of the many corridors and eventually found the kitchen somehow. You leaned in the doorway and smiled. There was the Doctor, twirling around like a cosmic 5 year-old making what appeared to be pancakes and toast with jam. Creeping up behind him your wrapped your arms around his waist and stood on your toes to plant a kiss to the side of his neck.

"Missed you this morning," you sighed, resting against his back. He spun around with his childlike grin on before a look of panic crossed it.

"You're not supposed to be up yet! Well now the surprise is ruined," he pouted. You raised an eyebrow.

"What surprise?" you asked, reaching up to drape your arms around his neck while he placed a hand on your hip.

"I was going to make you breakfast in bed," he smiled and booped the tip of your nose making you giggle.

"Well that doesn't mean we can't still have breakfast in bed," you suggested. He pondered the idea for a moment before a grin spread over his cheeks. Next thing you knew he had thrown you over his shoulder with one arm and somehow managed to carry the two plates in his other. He carried you back the bedroom and set down the plates before gingerly laying you down on the mattress. You pulled him on top of you by his suspenders and pulled him down for a quick kiss.

"Thank you for breakfast," you smiled, reaching over and grabbing a strawberry and holding it up to him. He smiled back and eagerly bit into it, his eyes lighting up.

"That's new, I've never been fond of strawberries before," he smiled, the familiar twinkle glimmering in his eyes. You laughed as he sat up and popped more into his mouth, whole. He held one out to you and you leaned forward, taking the fruit from him and biting into it, closing your eyes and savoring the sweetness. When you opened them again you saw the Doctor peering at you curiously.

"What is it? Something wrong?" you asked. He shook his head.

"No, nothing's wrong. I was just thinking about something," he said lowly as he leaned forward and placed a hand on your hip, a breaths away from you, "I wonder..." he trailed off as he collided his lips with yours. You responded immediately and reached to pull him closer to you by the back of his neck. You smiled to yourself when you realized his tastes like strawberries and honey and something else that could only be himself. He swiped his tongue across your lower lip, causing you to giggle and for him to pull back, a triumphant smile on his face.

"I was right!" he declared happily before falling onto his side and bringing you with him.

"About what?" you asked, slightly breathless still.

"You taste like strawberries," he smiled shyly.

"I'm sure you'll be happy to know that you do as well," you said looking up at him. He smiled brightly and leaned down, planting a kiss on your cheek.