Wasted

Warning: it's super short. I didn't even know if it was worth posting.

Draco's PoV

Darkness had descended hours ago and I had burned through one candle already. I had already tried to put my book down several times, only to be delayed when my eyes began scanning faster and my pulse raised.

The clock had struck roughly 2am when my reading was finally disrupted by the door opening and I was released from the story's demonic hold. My eyes trailed to the doorway from my relaxed lounge on the couch (which I desperately needed to replace).

"You finally decided to come home, then?" I asked to who I hoped would be Harry in the hallway.

I tried, and failed, to stop the smile from spreading to my face when his disheveled form appeared in the doorway. His cheeks were noticeably flushed even in the dark and he swayed slightly in his intoxication.

His eyes widened at the sight of me and his eyebrows furrowed. I scoffed at his expression. In hindsight, I should have been mad at him for returning so late but - he had fun. No matter how drunk Weasley had let him get.

I stood up to greet him home but jumped when he exclaimed, "M...Malfoyy?! What're..yoou- Slytherrin- doing heere?"

I chuckled at the way his words slurred together; finding his confused anger less offending and more nostalgic.

"Harry, love, let's get you to bed," I ushered, moving closer.

"Noo! Whaat're youu... doing.." He slurred still, jumping away from me, gripping the doorframe to steady himself.

I laughed again, taking note of his demeanour for future 'blackmail' (that would likely be wasted on things like laundry or making dinner).

"Harry.."
"Noo...stay awayy!"
"Come on-"
"Mmalfoy-"
"Harry!"

I crossed my arms,  feigning annoyance.

"Whyy are you...here?"
"I live here, in case you had forgotten,"

He gasped loudly.
"What?!"

A sigh escaped my mouth and I pinched my temple before gesturing to the photo on the nearest wall. Broad smiles glowed on both of our faces, matching suits pristine; eyes locked on each other rather than the camera (as much as Pansy tried to grab our attention).

He still hadn't looked when I fell from my fond reminiscence, forcing me to grip his jaw and turn his head.

"We've been married for 7 years." I stated, raising an eyebrow, "remember?"

A smaller (but still dramatic) gasp was heard before he pushed away from me again.
Despite this, a smile still lit up my face at his next utterance.

"..how...did I pull this off?"