Constellations

::kind of short.

"Bloody hell, it's cold." Harry stated, smiling at the clouds that formed from his breath.

"Oh, stop your whining," Draco uttered, "you didn't have to come."

"I wanted to, though. You know what, I reckon I can soldier through this bitter cold, for you," he stated, "how fortunate you are to have me."

Draco smiled at the form that joined him sitting on the shadowed grass, thinking back to the temperature reading earlier that evening (really not very cold).

"Oh my, yes. Aren't you such a courageous Griffindor. Truly heroic."

Harry smiled and shook his head in amusement, enjoying every inch of sarcasm laced into the aristocratic voice. He leant closer to him, brushing his lips across a pale cheek.

He only retreated partly, leaning his chin on Draco's shoulder.

"Soo, enlighten me. Why am I outside in the depths of night when I could be wrapped up in bed?"

A soft laugh emitted from his lover's mouth, closer to a sigh than anything.

"Again, you don't have to be here. I just find it...nostalgic. In a strange way."

"Strange how?" Harry nudged.

"I guess I wasn't exactly alive to remember it. So, nostalgic really isn't the word, I suppose."

The bespectacled boy leaned back and gave Draco a curious look, "yeah?"

The blond turned to catch his gaze, locking his green eyes with a pair of stunning silver.

"Ancestry. There's basically an entire branch of my family tree mapped in the sky."

Harry sat back up, pushing his shoulder into the warmth of his companion, letting his eyes dance across the inky sky that stretched out above them. Twinkling lights scattered the dark, an audience to the time they spent together, shrouded by the night.

"Look, Canis Major." Draco continued, pointing to a collection of stars above them.

Green eyes stared at him, clueless and blank,
"Alright, that's...cool?"

Draco scoffed at his tone. He shook his head slightly before rephrasing,
"Sirius?"

A light flickered on in Harry's head. "Oh."

"Were you not aware of the tradition? Bellatrix? Regulus?"

"These are all..?"

Draco gripped his chin and turned it slightly towards another patch of sky, "Andromeda."

Pointing elsewhere, "Orion."

Almost behind them, "Alphard."

"Alright. Alright. So..what about your mum, then? What about Narcissa?"

"No, she...isn't a constellation. As such."

"Well, where does that come from then?"

"It comes from Narcissus. A man from Greek mythology. He drowned himself by accident because he was too pretty."

"Well, that's...lovely."

"We are great at choosing names, the Black/Malfoys"

Harry laughed at his exasperation.

"What about...you then? Where are you?"

Draco reached out and grasped Harry's hand, moving it to only point with one finger. He guided it through the star-speckled sky until it swirled around a strand of the shining lights.

"Draco." He stated simply.

"Huh, it kinda- nevermind."

"No, go on."

"I..it just, kinda looks like a dick" he whispered, much to Draco's dismay.

"You just had to ruin it." He sighed, dropping his face into his hands.

Harry laughed at his disdain, "I'm joking."

He tucked his arm around the blond's shoulders, pulling him closer.

"It is a pretty awesome name. Bit pretentious but kind of awesome."

Draco lifted his head and pushed it into the crook of Harry's neck, savouring his warmth. He smiled at his rambling.

"They're all kind of awesome, actually."

"Yeah?"

He hummed in response, kissing the top of his boyfriend's head.

He leaned closer and whispered something to add, "I guess, we'll just have to keep up tradition, huh?"

Draco's cheeks flared as his body shook with the other's laughter; a chaste kiss being planted on his now-heated cheek.