Hard Place- Michael Porter Jr.

What if nothing ever will change?
Oh, I'm caught between your love and a hard place
Oh, I wish there was a right way

Surveying the glass scattered across her floor , Kayla crawled into herself as her tears subsided. Her cracked Iphone X screen was still glowing on her now stripped nightstand. A happier version of herself was staring at her in tatters from her floor.

She hated him. She loved him.

He'd betrayed her.

Sinking to the floor she sifted through the mess she'd created and bathed in her pain. She couldn't believe this was her life. As her phone vibrated she barely managed to scramble to it in time to see a message from him.

Kayla please, I can explain. We weren't together at the time , Kayla please let me in!

She didn't know what to do or think , was there anything he could really say that would make this better?

Unlocking her phone as he began to bang on the door , Kayla sunk to their bedroom floor again as she read the headline.

MICHAEL PORTER JR'S SECRET BABY CELEBRATES FIRST BIRTHDAY

Her breath came in short pants as she felt tears come to her eyes again , she couldn't believe her eyes. The little boy looked just like him , Michael Porter III , the article read and she felt a sense of nakedness that made her skin crawl.

That was supposed to be their son , he was only supposed to love her. Her hand felt hot and she looked down at her blood stained fingers , the way the liquid marred the diamond of her engagement ring. That was all over now , wasn't it?

"KAYLA! BABY OPEN THE DOOR!"

"WHY!"

She shouted back at him finally letting loose some of her rage. He could hear the pain in her voice and it made his heart break. He knew she wouldn't open the door so with a silent prayer he began to slam his bodyweight against the door until it gave shocking her.

"ARE YOU CRAZY! MICHAEL YOU LITERALLY JUST HEALED FROM YOUR LAST INJURY!"

She screamed at him and he found comfort in the fact that she still gave two fucks about his health. Maybe that meant she'd hear him out , he hadn't completely fucked up.

"Kayla baby the only thing I care about right now is you."

She didn't know what to think. Kayla had been with Michael for four years , she was his physiotherapist when he joined the Denver Nuggets and in the process of helping him back on his feet , they'd fell in love. She thought it would be forever but now as she looked at him she didn't know what to think. The one time they'd broken up , instead of burying himself in work or junk food like she did he'd buried himself in someone else and that stung.

"You should've felt that way a year ago Michael."

Her tone sobered him instantly as he sunk to her level. He'd wanted to tell her but he knew there was no way to without losing her. Besides, he'd just got the confirmation that M3 was his son last night, and that was only because his baby's mother had released the paternity test to the public in spite via TMZ. It was the first thing Kayla saw when she woke up and it sent them on an immediate spiral. She'd locked herself in their bedroom and broke every single picture of them before pulling out her suitcase which was half packed.

"Kayla it was one night and I was drunk and hurt okay? You chose to go to your ex-boyfriend's grand opening even though I told you I wasn't comfortable , you chose him over me and we had an argument , we broke up , I was hurt."