Cupid| Marquese Chriss

Ain't no doubt about it
Lord knows, I really mean it
I rather die before, before I lie to you
Never wanna leave ya
Ain't no life without you
Never gonna leave, never gonna go, no

The feel of his fingers against her skin made her shudder as she tried to keep herself composed. However, with each touch of his lips against her neck, she was losing her resolve. Bracing her hands against his chest for the support, she bit her lip at the feel of his chest underneath the thin fabric.

"Marquese."

Her voice was barely above a whisper but based on how he chuckled she knew she had been heard.

"What's up angel?"

"You have to get to the locker room babe , you've got practice in a bit."

She'd made the grand mistake of letting him into the media room while she was setting up. Shiloh was on her way and Jonah was holding things down at the store. Thus, the absence of anyone else equaled Marquese taking advantage of the private space and his girlfriend.

"Hmm , five more minutes Vashti , please?"

He pleaded with her before he kissed her lips passionately, in a second it felt like every bone in her body was on fire, but she eventually found the strength to push him away.

"Quese , this is how both of us get fired babe besides you'll have me soon, when you get back from your away game. Now get in there , you know you've got a flight an hour after."

"I know, which is why want to be with you right now."

Pulling her into him , he sighed into her hair before he kissed the side of her face.

"You'll have me when you get back , it's only two days and I promise we'll spend all day together , okay?"

It was amazing to her how much it pained her to offer the compromise. Deep down she wished she could pull him aside and keep him with her however, when you dated an athlete this was the life you signed up for.

She never thought it would be her but it was, when she looked at Marquese she realized she would wait on him just like he waited on her.

"YO THERE YOU ARE! C'MON MAN QUESE WE GOT PRACTICE!"

Devin's voice broke their moment bringing Marquese and Vashti back down to earth. Based on the smirk which adorned his face Vashti was sure her man was probably getting teased all the time in the locker room about dating the photographer.

"Vashti I promise he'll be back soon. Okay?"

The guard offered sincerely as he pulled her man away from her and she just smiled graciously at him. Vashti had always liked Devin because of how he loved her friend. Aya and Devin had encountered some obstacles, but Devin never left her side. That was love and ultimately that was what gave her hope.

If Devin could change his ways for Aya, there was no reason for her to doubt Marquese.

As she accepted the kisses he blew her way , she realized that if there was one thing she couldn't deny it was that Marquese gave her a feeling of completion that she hadn't had in a long time.

"You two are too cute."

Shiloh entered the room with a smile on her face while Vashti waved her off.

"Yeah , am I going to be saying that about you and Tyler soon?"

She countered to her newest employee immediately earning her a coy smile as Shiloh simply shrugged her shoulders before moving to set up her camera.