Chapter 21

When I opened my eyes, my view was blurry. I tried to focus and I noticed I was in a bed.

Me:"Damn...again?"

I was in an hospital. But since it was cold and I could hear the snow hitting the window, I had to be in Lowee.

Me:"Ngh...I just hope...this won't become a habit..."

Ghost Rider:'It won't, if you manage to master your powers.'

I looked at the glass of the window and saw Ghost staring at me.

Me:"Well, I could...if you tell me how."

Ghost Rider:'I already told you-'

Me:"Please, I'm sick...of this shit."

I tried to stand, but I felt pain all over my body.

Me:"S-Shit! It's worse...than last time."

Ghost Rider:'You took a nuclear explosion all by yourself. You'll need at least an other hour or two.'

Me:"How long...was I out?"

Ghost Rider:'Two days.'

I grumbled in dissatisfaction.

Me:"To much."

Ghost Rider:'And someone left you a present.'

I turned to the bedside table and saw a recorder with a ticked that said "Try me☺".

I pushed the button.

Vengeance:*Hey there, Buddy! So, how do you feel? That fight was a blast! Ha ha ha ha! Do you get it? Because the end...well, just smile please.*

I clenched my fists. It was the second time he entered in my room, why didn't someone notice that?

Vengeance:*But now, back to business. I wanted to tell you that I-*

Suddendly there was a scream and I tried to sit, ignoring the pain.

Vengeance:*Huffff, how many times do I have to tell you, Rei? Stop screaming when I talk! Back to us Buddy, I'm sorry for that. It was the reason I left this. Soon Rei will be full of share energy and she'll go bersek, sooooo...well, just wanted to warn you. Bye!*

With that, the recorder stopped. It was obvious that message was old of at least a day. Wich meant there was no time.

I left the bed and tried to stand only to fall on my knees, grumbling in pain.

Ghost Rider:'What are you doing?'

Me:"What do...you think? I'm going...to find him."

Ghost Rider:'You can't.'

I stopped and stared at him with anger.

Me:"What did you...just say?"

Ghost Rider:'You weren't able to beat him before, what chance can you have in your current condition? You are no match for him.'

Me:"I'm not what!?"

Ghost Rider:'Look at yourself, you can't even stand.'

Me:"This won't...stop me!"

I tried to transform to heal faster, but I stayed normal. I tried again, nothing.

Me:"Why can't I...transform?"

Ghost Rider:'Because I'm stopping you.'

I turned to him, more angry than shocked.