First day of school

New home, new school

The ferry ride from Cincinnati to Honolulu was 48 hours long. For the majority of the ride, they just looked at the ocean and took care of baby Amy who is now 3 days old. Steam blew from the large vessel as the ship slowly pulled into the docking station, a few crew members pulled down the rails and everyone was free to leave the ship. With all of the busy passengers pushing and shoving, Thomas and Dee were pinned against the back wall of the ferry, it was clear they would be the last ones off. After finally finding there way through the crowds of obnoxious people, they went to the nearest diner. After ordering and eating at the diner, they took a carriage to the military base, the place where they would be staying for decades to come. After arriving at the base and passing the through the gates, they went to visit Thomas' dad, the general, general Nelson. General Nelson, Amy's grandad, was the most feared man in Hawaii. He had control over all troops, tanks, trucks, and planes. However, he still was only allowed to use his power in situations of danger.

"Son, how have you been?" General Nelson asked, "Great actually, my egos are finally gone!" Thomas replied, Dee still hiding behind his back with nerves. "How I thought you had to have a wife and children for you to pass on the curse?" General asked. "Dad there's some people I would like you to meet, my wife Dee, and my daughter, Amy, who know has that godforsaken curse!" Dee shook hands with General Nelson and handed him his granddaughter. "Wow, she is beautiful, has she showed any signs of the curse yet?" General asked Dee. "Thanks, no she hasn't started showing her egos yet, what age will we tell her she can pass it on from true love?" Dee asked"A few days before her eighteenth birthday you need to warn her, the very first person she falls for after 18, will take the curse, and pass it onto there children," Dee nodded.

"Well we best go find our room, we will be here for a while so you might as well get used to it," Thomas laughed playfully punching his dad in the arm. They headed off into the soldier's rooms to greet the secretary sat at her desk. "Good evening Mr and Mrs Nelson, how can I help you? she asked pushing her glasses on to the tip of her nose, blinking rapidly. "I believe general Nelson has ordered us a permanent family suit, correct me if I'm wrong," Dee said arrogantly to the secretary. "Yes there is a room ordered specifically for you on the first floor, room 3, of to the right of the soldier's dorms to give you some, privacy," she smiled creepily revealing her yellow disfigured teeth. As soon as they were given the room key Dee grabbed Amy and ran up to there new home, even looking at that woman sent shivers down your spine. The room door had a large black 3 planted in the middle, assuring it was easy to find. Inside were some modern white sofas with fluffy black pillows, a shiny black kitchen, a large king size bed, and a crib. It was nicer than there previous home.

After a few years the war had died down, Amy was 14 and ready for school, however, her parents were reluctant as she hadn't shown any signs of the egos. However by law, she had to attend school, and to there convenience, there was a school on the military base. Dee was a bit nervous about Amy going to that school as there was currently only boys attending, along with male teachers and ambassadors, except from miss Finnegan. However Amy didn't care about that, she was just really happy she could get of the house and make friends. "Amy are you ready? School starts in 20 minutes and it's across the other side of the base, you don't wanna be late on your first day do you?" Dee asked. Amy's uniform was a fair bit different from the boys, but at least the same colours and logos. Amy wore a black pencil skirt, tights, black flats, a white shirt, and a blazer with the school's logo, a pink moustache. General Nelson, -grandad David-, escorted Amy to her first class making sure she got there safely. On the way there Amy got curious and decided to ask "Why do we have a pink moustache as the logo?" "Ah, I wondered the same thing when I first came here as a boy, it stands for a sign of uniqueness, it means no matter your appearance, you will always be welcome at Honolulu," They both smiled, Amy had just learned to understand his accent properly so she could actually have conversations with him now. But just like that, the bell rang and signalled her for her first class, self-defence.