The hollow tree

Secret hideouts and confusion

After frantically running out of school, Amy sat down on a bench in her favourite park, just a few minutes away from the military base. The golden brown autumn leaves swirled around in the air, the wind howling and whistling as it blew Amy's loose blonde hair left to right, leaving her looking like a tear-stained mess. After minutes of watching the planes roll and dive in the air, she felt two hands on her back. She turned around to see a worried Mark and Jack with a concerned look plastered on their faces. "Hey Ames, we really appreciate what you did for us back there, you didn't have to," Jack said patting Amy's shoulder. "No problem, after how nice you have been to me, you deserve appreciation," Amy replied. After a while, the three sat in comfortable silence, just reflecting on what had happened previously. The three- despite only knowing each other for a day or two- had an unbreakable bond.

For a few hours, they told jokes and laughed the night away, forgetting all about school and their surroundings, from their point of view: it was just the three of them. Amy really enjoyed the company of her newfound friends, they made her feel happy and safe, even just being in there presence. Not long after it hit 9 pm, - curfew-, Amy, who was feeling worn out, ushered Mark and Jack to a large oak tree. "It's past curfew, if they catch us we will all be responsible, come on if we hide up here we are sure to stay hidden," Amy explained. Amy sat on Mark's shoulders as he boosted her up the tree. Once up, she offered him a hand, and he did the same with Jack. The inside of the large tree was hollow, which allowed the three to climb inside. Amy, once she reached the inside of the tree, gawked in amazement. The inside of the tree had a ladder that led from top to bottom, the room inside was equipped with beds and lights."I guess we have a new hangout spot," Mark laughed. They each sat on the biggest bed in the room and discussed Mark's birthday. "What do you want to do for your big day, Mark?" Jack asked. "Well," he began, the nervousness echoing throughout his sentence. "If your down, I thought we could hang here, and play a prank on Miss Finnegan, for payback," Mark said happily but quietly. "AGHH!" Amy screamed and fell to the floor as the room filled with black smoke, seconds later, the smoke cleared and Amy stood in the centre of the room, however she didn't look like her normal self. She stood, quite pretentiously, in the centre of the room, wearing a black dress, her once blonde hair now black with a hint of red, and her blue eyes had changed to a thick red. "NO!" Amy bellowed, her hair and eyes flickering between this appearance and her normal self. Once again, black smoke engulfed the room, and Amy lay gasping for air on the ground. The boys ran over to her panicking as they were unaware of the curse, they had no idea that she had just shown her anger ego. This would take a lot of explaining from Dee and Thomas.