eavesdropping

Eavesdropping

Jack woke to the sun shining through a split in the curtains, he rolled from his bed and made a loud thump as he hit the floor. Moments later Signe came running and banging on his door. "I'm fine, I fell out of bed, calm down Si-" Jack said groggily before being interrupted by screams coming from the bathroom. Amy and Mark stood in view of the mirror, pulling at their hair in rage "WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED?" Amy screamed pushing Mark up against the wall, rage glistening in her eyes. "I DON'T KNOW ASK MY EGO!" Mark said before he let his crazed ego take over. "WHAT DID YOU DO?" Amy asked Mark's crazy ego who was now twirling a knife around in his hand and balancing it on one finger. "Your ego said if I didn't dye your hair she would kill me, and I didn't object, as your hair actually looks good now," Mark's ego said which just infuriated Amy even more. Amy tried to control her temper but it was too late, her anger ego was starting to break through. Her soft pink hair disappeared once it was consumed by a blood red, and her pupils dilated to completely black. "We are swapping colours now are we?" Mark's ego asked causing Amy to breathe heavily clenching her fists. "Now now we don't want a fight, because we both know you'll drop dead in seconds," Mark said clenching his knife between his teeth. Amy swung a punch toward Mark leaving a dent in the wall, her knuckles shattered and spilling of blood. "WE WOULD LIKE AMY AND MARK BACK PLEASE!" Jack screamed trying to stop the fight between the two clueless egos. Mark's crazed ego had disappeared but his anger one returned shortly after with a black suit and red hair. Amy ran head first and dived out the window black wings sprouting from her back before she hit the floor. Mark followed, they flung all sorts of weapons towards each other: tomahawks, Molotov, knives, and often just threw punches. Mark thought he had won once his knife slashed a deep cut into Amy's cheek but he was far from right. Amy curled up into a ball still flying, and flung her hands up in the air and let out a painful scream. The whole dorm complex was covered in black smoke and Amy and Mark lay normal once more on the concrete floor, covered in dirt and blood. Jack and Signe who were watching from the shattered window had passed out. A few students found Amy and Mark and called for nurse Lacey.

Amy woke up, for the third time in her life, with a painful white light shining in her eyes. She sat up in her bed and pulled the white sheets from her legs. She had stitches in her cheek and a huge stitch line going up her left leg. "Oh my god, deja vu right now Amy," Signe said clutching her head. Mark and Jack who were also in beds, sat up as soon as they heard Signe talk. "What on earth happened? the last thing I remember is looking at MY FREAKING PINK HAIR!" Amy screamed remembering her dreadful pink hair. "Long story short, your alter-egos came out, you both got mad and tried to kill each other, so much for slow dancing," Jack laughed earning a glare from Mark and a laugh from the girls. "Amy, I', so so sor-" Mark cried trying to apologise before being cut off by Amy. "We both tried to kill each other Mark, we are even," Amy laughed but still had a serious look pasted on her pallid face. "How's your head Amy, you dived head first through a glass window," Jack asked. "Ugh, I feel like I have hundreds of migraines all at once, and yeah, we have wings now apparently," Amy replied. Nurse Lacey could be heard stomping down the corridor, she walked past their room and dragged a blonde boy into the room next to them and shut the door. "Who's up for eavesdropping?" Mark asked as Amy sprung from her bed and put her ear to the door. The voices were muffled but still audible. "How am I supposed to kill the blond if she is next to her boyfriend all the time?" The boy said. "Well, as your aunty, I will kill the boy myself, he is in the room next door, a little drop of poison here or there won't hurt at all, now will it Felix?" Nurse Lacey replied. Mark and Amy had heard enough, Lacey was Felix's aunt, AND, she was plotting to kill Mark and Amy. "Do you understand why I ran away back at the base? Because his family is the most feared in Hawaii, and Tirachia, but now, they are plotting to kill me and Mark!" Amy whisper yelled as she began to sweat nervously. "We will get through this, if they are wanting a fight, we will need numbers, and by numbers I mean, we will need to create an army of egos," Mark sighed. "It's no use, if I'm going down, I will be doing it alone, I can guarantee it, you will not, and aren't gonna die for me," Amy ordered, rubbing her splitting temples.