My dear wife

"You slept the whole day. Are you feeling any better? " asks her.

Doug tries to rise but his head hurts too much so he lies down again.

She asks worriedly, "Do you remember me, Doug?"

"No. Who are you?"

Her heart hurts to think he forgot her so easily. Her mind rejoices. She has just find a good solution for her problems.

Emmie says, "I'm your wife, Emmeline. But you usually called me Emmie."

Doug closes his eyes.

(What's she planning? Pretending to be my wife? Does she know I'm rich now? Yeah. She did it for money. I hate her).

Doug says nothing at all.

Emmie says, "I won't bother you anymore."

Doug stares to the ceiling. To a large cobweb.

(George just died. And she's more than ready to find a rich husband. I'm no longer the foolish young man who loved her. I'll teach her a lesson).

Doug smiles when she enters the room again.

"Come here, wife," orders him.

If she heard his weird tone, she doesn't show it on her face.

(To think I used to love her. To think she's a pure little angel. Now I know she's no different than all the women in ton. Full of deceits. Wearing masks of innocence to hide their hideous nature).

Doug kept smiling although he felt disgusted inside. He rubs on the bed, a spot next to him.

Emmie sits next to him as ordered. Doug holds her chin. Her sweet pink lips. Still looks the same for him.

"My sweet, sweet wife," mocks him before he savors her lips again.

His tongue plunders into her mouth. She's shocked and wants to push him away. But his hands are holding her back, preventing her from leaving him.

"Mmm..mm..."

Breathless.

That's how she felt when he finally releases her. It felt too intimate with his tongue plundered her like that..

"You should rest more, Doug..."

She quickly leaves the room.

Doug chuckles. .

Four years of marriage with George Campbell and she still acted like a foolish virgin. Emmie deserves an award for her acts. She's quite a good actress.

His head still hurts a bit.

Emmie, Emmeline.

Years have passed. She used to be a very popular debutante, although a bit too skinny. Now she got more curves, the way he loves it.

*****

Emmie inhales a deep breath. Her reddened face felt hot.

(Doug really thinks I'm his wife. What should I do? I just have to keep pretending until I'm far enough from here. Then I would apologizes to him. And we live our separate lives).

Leaving him would be painful. All these years, she never stop loving him.

George was a kind man. But she never loves him like her love for Doug. With George, they're more like best friends sharing the same roof.

Emmie washes her face with water from a basin.

(I must be calm for now. Don't make him worried or suspicious. I just need to go to London and find my cousin. That's all).

Emmie fakes her best smile when she delivers food for her "husband", Doug.

Doug says, "I won't eat unless you feed me. No, don't use spoon. Use your hand, wife."

Emmie applies some melted cheese to a bread stick for him.

"Feed me."

Emmie holds the bread stick for him. He eats it and sucks her finger, which is covered with bread crumbs.

"Doug... it's improper..."

"Why? You're my wife, aren't you?"

"Yes, but..."

Now he kisses the base of her neck, going lower to her breast.

"No!" yells her while rising from the bed.

Doug mocks, "Wife, isn't it your duty to serve your husband in bed?"

"Yes...but...I, err, you still aren't well. We should postpone it. Yes. Until you get better, Doug."

She quickly leaves the room.

Doug eats his meal in silence.

(She's good. Her virgin acts would be very popular with men. Hell, I still want her. Even after knowing her rotten heart).

*****

Outside the room, Emmie covers her face with her hands.

George kissed her many times in their marriage. Never set her burning like this. Always gentle kisses from him.

(Doug, kiss me more...no, he would think I'm like a fallen woman. But he thought I'm his wife. It would be okay...)

Emmie has finally made up her mind. She always wandered what his kisses would feel. And she has a chance to get them. The kisses from the man she loves.

She gathers up her courage and walks into the bedroom again.

Doug smiles to her and mocks, "Back for more?"

"Yes. Kiss me more."

His jaws dropped. Not in his wildest dreams, Emmie would respond like that. And he dreamed a lot about her when he's a lot younger. His dream girl.

He taps a spot on bed, next to him.

Emmie sits down as ordered.

Doug attacks her lips with kisses. Like before, his tongue plunders into her mouth after nibbling her lower lip.

This time, Emmie doesn't got frozen like before. Her tongue begins to touch his tongue. Dancing together with him.

Doug moans a little, sounding his approval.

Finally they have to stop for breathing again.

Her face blushes. Still couldn't believe she kissed him like that. With tongue and all. Doug is staring her but says nothing at all. Just kept staring her.

(She's a good kisser. George taught her well. Damn it! Now I felt jealous to a dead man. I want to touch her. Like she's my woman. Not George's wife).

Doug rubs his face to clear his lust. Then he orders, "Go and find me some berries."

"Oh, okay..."

Emmie leaves the room.

(We just kissed. Never been kissed like that before. Now he chased me out. I'm such a bad kisser).

Emmie leaves the farmer's house. She heads to the woods nearby to find some berries.

She returns an hour later with fresh berries for him. But Doug has fallen asleep.

He looks so peaceful when he's sleeping. Like the man she used to know.

------------------------------------------------
If you like the story, please vote and comment :)

Giving me fuel for more updates:)