Found you

"What are you doing here?" asks Emmie frightfully.

She's in her bedroom in the club when a man enters it.

"I'm your customer. Strip your clothes and serve me," orders Charles.

"I didn't..."

He grabs her hair and pulls her to him.

"Be good and I won't hurt you, whore. Can't believe you rejected me only to end up here."

His fingers caresses her smooth face. She shudders when he forces a kiss to her lips.

She tries to push him away but he's too strong for her.

He pushes her down to the bed.

"You little witch. You bewitched me the day I saw you."

He lowers down his pants.

"No! Stop!"

A man pulls him away from her before he raped her.

Derek punches him and then says, "Leave."

Charles spits a tooth to the floor.

He mocks, "I'll double the price. Just let me have her for few days."

"That's not the way we do business here."

Derek pushes Charles out of the room. Charles sneers to her. His eyes say he would come back later. Emmie's frightened to death.

Derek asks, "Are you okay?"

Emmie says nothing. Her body shudders wildly like a deer escaped from a crocodile's attack.

Derek sighs.

He says, "Better get used to it. Prime Minister sent him here. He might come again."

"No! Please! Don't let him come near me again!"

Derek's eyes are cold when he says, "Don't care what Dianne told you. This place is no different than other houses. Slept with men. Or you won't be feed."

Poor Emmie bursts to tears after he leaves her room.

Her time would come. She would sleep with men like any other whore.

It's impossible to leave. The manor is heavily guarded.

Emmie stands up and checks the window bars. No loose one. Her bedroom door is locked. She's a prisoner here.

(Charles would rape me! Someone help me! Doug! If only I could write to him...)

It's impossible to send a message to him. She cried for a long time until she's fallen asleep.

*****

Doug inhales a deep breath. He just came home from Duke Exeter's manor. Plans have been made. Still he wished he could save Emmie immediately.

Her sad face is haunting him.

Doug drinks half bottle of Merlot and falls asleep.

It's summer time few years back...

George and Emmie were chatting happily at the edge of the Serpentine Lake. They had a lot in common, endless talks whenever they met.

Doug kicks a pebble on the ground. He doesn't like it when they got too close like that.

Emmie used to follow him around. His little duckling. Everyone used to tease him for having a tail.

Now she had stopped her habit in following him. And he felt at loss.

No one ever told him that his duckling would grow up into a fine lady.

Many men have proposed to her father since the start of her debut.

Lady Emmeline is a pretty lady with good manners and enormous dowry. Only a fool wouldn't want her.

Even his best friend, George has declared his intention to marry her.

"Wish me luck, chap. She's going to be my beloved wife," said George earlier that day.

Suddenly everything around him became blurry and darkened.

George has reappeared again. This time he looked older, pale and sad.

"I'm sorry, chap. For taking her away from you. She never loves me. Yet, in my short life, I really desired her. Forgive your selfish buddy..."

Doug asks, "Never loved you?"

George smiles sadly. He says, "Let me rewinded for you what happened that day..."

This time Doug got back in Hyde Park again, near the Lake again. But he's standing next to George and Emmie. He could hear their conversation clearly.

George asks, "Are you going to do it?"

Emmie replies, "I'm scared. Doug's so popular. All the ladies want him."

"He got no money. You know that, don't you? Unlike me. I got my title and wealth."

Emmie smiles to George.

She says, "I know. But I only need him. You know I've been in love with him for years."

George holds her hand and kisses the back of it.

He smiles sadly. And he says, "I know. But... do you know I've been in love with you for years too?"

"Sorry..."

George says, "Confess your love tonight. At Lord Richardson party."

"I'm scared..."

George smiles and says, "If he doesn't want you, I'll save you. Be my wife and live happily with me."

Emmie looks surprised.

She asks, "Even if you knew I'm still in love with Doug?"

"Yes. I will wait until your heart changed. Don't care if I have to wait forever."

The older George appears behind his back.

And he says, "I knew you were going to make love to Countess Hope. Everyone has been betting when she would flirt you. I took my chance and sealed our fates. Emmie's mine. And you live your free lifestyle as you like it."

Doug stares to his friend.

He asks, "Why?"

"So you would understand my part in her downfall. Emmie is a good lady. I let her fall under Charles' control."

Everything around them is blurry once more.

George says, "Save her, Doug. She doesn't deserve to live like that."

His hand is holding Doug's left arm tightly.

"Save her. Only you could do it..."

Doug got awakened from his dream. He felt a sting on his left arm. He rolls up his sleeve. Fresh finger marks.

(It couldn't be possible! The dream is real? George came to me? Pleading I would save Emmie?)

The dream is to vivid.

He holds his head. Even after death, George never stopped loving her. He, a living human being, almost gave up on her.

Doug says, "I will save her, George. I love her. And this time, I won't flee from her again. I will cherish her for life. You have my words."

Knowing George, he would smile widely. That man would always be a better guy than him.

-----------------------------------------------------
Please vote and comment :)