Delayed honeymoon

"Emmie, you look different today. Much, much prettier," praises him.

"You should get your eyes checked, Doug," teases her.

They just went on many miles of journey in a carriage. The idea is honeymoon in their countryside home.

Pretty is the last thing how a man would describe her right now. Not with her messy hair and sweat. Making love with Doug in a moving carriage added mess to her looks.

She folds her hands and protests, "Should have said no. Look what you did to me..."

"You didn't protest earlier. Just enjoying the ride with me," reminds him.

"Unbelievable..."

He is right. She turns into jelly whenever he touches her. Unable to resist him.

Doug chuckles.

Her Rosy cheeks, swollen lips. Her face is brimming with satisfaction. She looks hot in his eyes.

They should have gone to Rome. Or other popular destination for spending honeymoon. But the parliament only have recess for a week. Not enough time to travel to Rome and back. Duke Exeter has demanded Doug stay in London to help him.

"Did you regret it? Not seeing Rome and all. I know you didn't travel anywhere because George was sick..."

Emmie's face becomes sad for a while. But she forces herself to smile again.

She confesses, "I'd be lying if I said no. We are still young, Doug. We could go to the Continent next year. Duke Exeter and Lucien need your aid. I understand."

"My pretty wife has a big heart," praises him before kissing her nose.

"Doug, about George...he never touched me... you're my first man..."

"I know."

She looks surprised. Doug only smiles widely and says nothing else.

Doug asks, "Did you know I used to fantasied you?"

She shakes her head.

Doug stares out of the window. He knows it's time to clear any secrets between them once and for all.

"Never thought my little duckling would grow up to be a pretty lady."

"You made me sounded I were an ugly little girl!" protests her.

"No, not ugly. Just missing too many teeth."

She's sulking.

Doug kisses her cheek before he continues his confession.

"I used to fantasy you in my bed. Making love. Doing what we were doing earlier."

Her face reddened.

Doug continues, "The old me could never afford you. My uncle supported my education and gave pocket money for my clothes and foods. Wouldn't be enough to support a lady like you."

"I never asked for money. Only you ..."

Doug hugs her and kiss her nape of her neck.

He whispers, "I knew about your enormous dowry money. Didn't want to be a treasure seeker like others."

He sighs.

Then he adds, "When you said you were in love. Thought you love George. He's rich, young and handsome. A suitable match for you."

"I hurt you that night, didn't I?"

"I'm the foolish one. Should have asked...but you're always closer to George."