I just wanna be with you

Doug is lying on his bed. His face is as pale as his bedsheet. A doctor just came and wrapped up his wounds.

Lucien is covered in soot. Few small cuts. Unharmed.

Emmie looks heart broken.

Doug walks out of this house filled with joy this morning. Because it's their wedding day. Now he comes home looking like this.

Lucien apologizes, "It's my fault. Got careless and Charles' goons got me. He tricked Doug to save me."

"No, it's mine. Charles did everything because of me..."

Lucien stares her and asks out of curiosity, "Did you sleep with him? Are you his lover? I wouldn't blame you. George had been sick and..."

"No! I never let him touch me! Don't know why he kept doing this..."

Suddenly Doug says weakly, "Emmie would never do that..."

Emmie holds his hand and few tears fall from her cheeks.

She asks, "How do you feel?"

"Been better. I'm hungry..."

"I'll go get something to eat for you."

Emmie hurriedly leaves the bedroom.

Lucien asks, "What? You got her out. Just spill the beans."

"Call my lawyer and a priest."

Lucien nods.  He looks sad when he says, "Don't worry. I would protect her."

"Curse you! I'm not dead yet!"

"But you asked..."

"Just get them here. And a special permit. Won't let Charles touch her."

Lucien smiles a little. It seems his friend won't meet the Lord yet.

He says, "On my way."

Lucien leaves before Emmie returns to his bedroom.

It's almost ten PM when some men arrive in Doug's townhouse.

Emmie looks shocked to see Lucien again. She thought he has gone home. Two men are behind him. One of them is definitely a priest.

The old priest grumbles, "Let's get this done quickly. It's way past my bedtime."

Lucien stares to her. And he says, "At least you haven't changed into a night gown. That dress shall do. The priest would fall asleep on his feet any moment now."

He leads the men march into Doug's bedroom. Emmie follows them. Doug is sleeping. They shouldn't bother him.

Lucien throws the permit to the bed. And he says, "Got it. Now you could marry. And here's the rings. Glad I didn't loose it in the fire."

Emmie stands there dumbfounded.

Doug says, "We are getting married now, sweetheart."

The priest yawns loudly. And he scolds, "Let's get this done a.s.a.p. I miss my bed."

Ten minutes later, they are officially husband and wife.

The lawyer and Lucien become their witnesses. Lucien paid the priest and escorted him out.

Doug says to his lawyer, "I'm leaving everything I have for my wife, Emmeline, Marchioness of Young."

"Everything, Milord?"

"Everything not tied to my title. Make sure she lives well. So Charles or any other man couldn't disturb her anymore."

The lawyer says, "Very well, Milord. I will arrange it right away. You shall receive the new will in the morning."