Her nightmare

"No! No! Stay away from me!" pleads her.

"This is how you treat a customer?" mocks Charles.

He kept approaching her step by step. Emmie tries to open her bedroom door.

Locked!

Charles grabs her from behind. Hugging her and whispers, "Show me what you learned in this place. How you would satisfy a man..."

She bites his arm and he slaps her hard.

"You like to play rough, Emmie? Let's do it your way!"

He begins to beat her up.

*****

In Countess Hope office...

Doug puts down the newspaper on her desk.

He announces, "The new petition has been signed. The Prime Minister didn't want it. But Duke Exeter convinced the parliament to accept the new petition about jail sanitary system. Next we would fix the law aspect."

Countess Hope smiles and praises, "Good job, Doug. Never thought he would be defeated so easily. Very well. A promise is a promise. Derek, take Lady Emmeline here."

Derek looks weird.

Lady Hope asks, "Derek?"

He reluctantly replies, "I had her humoring Earl Worthington."

"What? I told you we never force any lady!"

"Sorry, Dianne. He paid well. And all those money you spent on her clothes..."

"Nonsense!"

Lady Hope grabs a ring of keys and says, "Doug, follow me. Derek, we'll talk later."

Doug follows her immediately. Knowing Emmie might be serving Charles in bed. Made his blood boiled.

Screams are heard from her bedroom.

"Oh, which one is it? Why I have so many keys? Not this one either. Maybe this one..."

"Dianne, step back!" yells Doug.

"What?"

"Now!"

Doug slams his body to the door few times until the door falls from the hinges.

Emmie is lying half naked on bed. Charles is still beating her up. Doug punches him many times as if he's going to murder him.

Derek has finally arrived.

He curses, "Dear Lord!"

Lady Hope orders, "Toss him out and banned him from this club forever."

"Yes, Milady."

Derek punches Charles few more times before throwing him out of the club.

"Oh, Emmie. I'm sorry..." apologizes Doug.

He hugs her tightly. She doesn't seem to recognize him at all. Kept screaming when he locks her up in his arms. Emmie kept screaming like a wounded animal. Trying to break free from him.

"Emmie, it's me, Doug. Don't you recognize me?"

Finally she stops struggling.

"Doug? Doug..."

She burst to tears. Crying like a wee baby. Doug carries her. Lady Hope puts her mantle on her torn clothes.

She says, "I'm sorry. Derek went too far this time. He would be punished."