15.

Jan's POV 

Liyah had been staying with me for past two to three months. It's been so fun.

Me: Liyah, I just got of phone with Shawn he is on boarding his next flight here.
Liyah: Oh that's amazing. He will be here soon. Are you okay? Do you need anything?
Me: Yeah I am okay.
Liyah: Okay, Mum just texted she is coming over. She got off work early and wanted to spend day here.
Me: That's awesome. Thank god. I need as much help as I can get from an experienced person.

We heard the knock on the door.

Liyah: that must be mum. I got the door.
Me: Check who it is before you open?
Liyah: sure. Hi Mum.
Karen: Hey Liyah. Hey Jan.

She said looking across the room at me sitting on the sofa.

Me: Hey Mu....Karen.
Karen: How are you doing sweety?
Me: I am doing good.
Karen: I actually wanted to talk to you about something.
Me: Yeah sure.
Karen: So now that you and Shawn has been engaged for 9 months I thought maybe you would like to call me mum instead?
Me: it would be my pleasure. I have been waiting for the right time but I never knew. I almost called you mum when you walked in just now but wasn't sure how you would feel.
Karen: Oh Shawn is gonna freak.

She said pulling me hug and I had this unbearable pain so I started screaming. I couldn't bear it.

Karen: What's wrong sweety?
Me: I have this pain
Karen: Oh my god. Honey we have to get you to the hospital.
Me: But Shawn isn't here yet.
Karen: Hun Shawn will have to come directly at the hospital. We can't wait. Let's go.

She drove me to the hospital and on the way Liyah called Zach and Amy.  Meher was in LA for her further college so we waited to tell her.
She also messaged Shawn but on Instagram because phone being on airplane mode you are unable to get any texts.

We were at the hospital,  they took me to the delivery room. I was so scared. I wanted Shawn to be here because when he is here I feel relieved and safe and he will take care of everything. Plus half way through my pregnancy we found out that that we were having twins. We never wanted to know what the gender was for either of them. So we made our doctor keep the envelope with her. I was allowed to keep one person with me and so I decided to call Amy. She wasn't experienced but she was knew how to handle me exactly.  I just hope that Mum didn't feel good. 

Shawn's POV

As I was hour away from landing I saw Liyah's DM and now I was restless and so happy.  My babies are finally coming. As soon as I landed I drove straight to the hospital.

Jan's POV

This hurts even more then giving birth. I know that I haven't even taken care of the baby but losing it hurts. I KNOW I still have one of them that I have in my life that I will love so much. 

Amy, Zach, Liyah, Mum and Dad were all there hugging me and trying to calm me down. But nothing was helping.

Shawn's POV

I call Mum but she doesn't pick up so I call Liyah.

(Phone call

Liyah: Shawn where are you?
Me: Liyah, I am on my way. You sound so worried. What's wrong?
Liyah: Shawn just get to the hospital as soon as you can. We are in room 8A.
Shawn: Okay. I am on my way.

Phone call end)

I rush to the hospital.  I run to the room. All I saw was everyone hugging Jan from the door window.  I open the door and go in. Everyone looks at me. Mum walks towards me and stop me first and tell me to handle her. Because she was heart broken. I was so confused.

Me: Mum,  what's happening? Why is everyone sad instead of happy.  Jan just had babies.
Mum: Shawn, she did gave birth to two children but there was a complication and we lost one of the babies. As much as we are happy for the baby we also sad to lose one.

I felt a tear falling down my eyes. I was devastated. I looked at Jan and she was worse then anyone in the room. I remember she always tell me how much she loved kids and wanted them so I could only imagine how she was feeling right now. I asked everyone to leave me and Jan alone for few minutes. They all hugged me as they left.

I walked towards her and hugged. 

Jan: Shawn we lost.....
Me: shh... I know honey. Look I know how you feel right now but look at this way that we still have one baby that we have to take care of and we will do our best to so.
Jan: Shawn I know but...
Me: no but sweety, I know you love kids and how much you wanted them.  And we do have one. Think about it. It would be better off to start with one and then we can always look forward to having more kids right?
Jan: You are right.  How are you so calm?

If only I could tell her how much of a heartbroken I was.

Me: I am here with you. Plus I can't wait to meet our baby.
Jan: the doctor should be bringing her back soon.
Me: Her!! So we have a beautiful girl just like you.
Jan: Hmm hmm
Me: Baby come on stop crying. And let's celebrate the day our beautiful daughter came into this world. Okay.
Jan: Okay. I think. We should call everyone in.
Me: okay. I'll get them.

I walk out and talk to them

Me: Okay so I just got Jan to stop crying. And I told her to celebrate the life of the baby that is in the world right now. So you guys can't be sad when you guys go in. I am devastated listening to this but I have to stay strong for her and you guys are going to help me with this.

They all hug me and said okay and walked in. And the doctor walked in behind us holding the baby.....