fifthteen

Teresa stood by Gally who was currently flipping some burgers and sausages on the barbeque. The gang hadusic playing, cold food on a bench table as well as drinks.

"What was the point of this barbeque? Isn't it just an ordinary sunny day?" Teresa questioned looking at Gally.

"I take it golden boy didn't tell you." Gally said with a small chuckle. Teresa pulled a face if confusion before looking over at Thomas who blowing up inflatables that should be used for pools but they were going to use them on the lake.

"Tell me what?" Teresa asked.

"This day 27 years ago, the world was graced with Thomas Murphy." Gally said flipping some of the food cooking. Teresa's eyes widen and groans.

"It's his birthday? I wish he would tell me stuff like this." She said before running off to the empty bench next to the one with all the food on. "Hey everyone!"

Minho, Newt, Gally, Jorge, Frypan, Brenda and Thomas all turned to Teresa.

"I just want to say something." She said and looked at Thomas. "Happy 27th birthday Thomas." Teresa announced and smiled at him. Thomas couldn't hide his smile as everyone wished him a happy birthday. Thomas felt his heart flutter and whether or not Brenda was there he walked up to Teresa and pulled her in for a long and passionate kiss.

Minho smiled at rolled his eyes before looking towards Brenda who was texting on a phone. That's weird, were not allowed phones or any contact with the outside world. Minho thought.

"I have something for you." Teresa says and kisses his lips once again. "It is a present, but it was for Christmas but I can get you a new present."

"You don't have to." Thomas said running his hands up and down Teresa's arm. Feeling a shooting pain in her arm Teresa jumped out of Thomas' grip. "Teresa?"

"I'm sorry." She says a little breathless. "That felt different." She said with a small laugh.

"Is your arm still giving you trouble?" Thomas asked concerned. Teresa nodded. "How hard did he grab you?"

"I don't know. I was concerntrating on trying to get out of there." Teresa replied. "Anyway," she said holding her arm. "That present."

Teresa made her way up to her and Thomas' bedroom still feeling weird about the pain in her arm. Rubbing the area with her two fingers Teresa finally made it to her bedroom, still feeling the area.

Just as Teresa was going to take away her fingers she felt something sharp; it felt like a piece of glass that was in her arm. What the hell? She thought. She attempted to use her nails to pull the shard out but was cut off.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you."

Teresa looked around the room to try and find the voice but there was no one there with her.

"Don't try and look for me. I'm not physically there but you can here me and I can see you. I must thank my little insider for that."

Teresa recognised the voice to be Janson. She remembers the way he would pronounce things and how he spoke.

"Janson."

"Correct. Now, considering you lied to me when we last met and I purposely failed to assassinate you the other day, I suggest you listen to me Teresa." Janson said. That bullet wasn't meant for Thomas. It was meant for Teresa! "I want you to come to the memorial cross you found the other day."

"How did you know-"

"That isn't important. Just do as I say." Janson commands and Teresa shakes her head.