eighteen

"That's our help?" Newt questioned as Teresa laid out a map of the penitentiary. Teresa looks at Newt and the rest if the gang who had joined. "We know where Thomas is Teresa. We just need help getting into the building."

"But I can't do that-"

"You're the only one who currently has Janson in their grip." Newt says. He nods at Teresa and she sighs before sitting down.

"There's a back entrance. I can sneak in and get Newt a guard uniform and that way he can escort me to Janson but we'll go to Thomas' cell." Teresa explains. Newt nods before loading himself up with guns.

Teresa walked over to Gally who wasn't exactly smiling at her. Teresa took a deep breath and bit her lip.

"Gally-"

"Teresa don't." Gally interrupted her. "Don't make this any harder than it already is. I liked you Teresa, we all did. And then you had to go and do that! Why?"

"Janson tricked me Gally. He told me things that twisted my mind and in was thinking. I wish I didn't listen but either way, it wouldn't of ended good for any of us." Teresa explained.

"So you sacrificed all of us to save yourself?"

"What? No! That's not what happened Gally." Teresa spoke quickly. She couldn't believe he thought that of her. "Please listen to me."

"Just stop talking cause you're making this worse for yourself." He says before walking off. Teresa stood there dumbfounded at what she was hearing. She never sacrificed them all for her own safety.

"Agnes! We're going." Newt called out and Teresa followed after him. "The others are going to wait outside the penitentiary and if we aren't out in a certain time then they will act."

"What do you mean 'act'?" Teresa looked at Newt confused. All Newt did was shrug and cock his gun.

"Paybacks a bitch Teresa."

-

Newt waited in a supply closet full of first aid equipment whilst he kept a look out for any guards or Janson. After a few minutes Teresa came back holding a guards outfit. Handing it to Newt she turned around whilst he stripped of his bottoms and got into the uniform, leaving his t-shirt on. Placing the helmet on, Newt looked at Teresa and took a deep breath before looking at the door.

"Here's a spare uniform for Thomas." Teresa said handing Newt a black drawstring bag. Newt nodded taking the bag and looking at Teresa once more.

"We're going." He said and pushed Teresa out of the closest when no one was looking and began to fake escort her to Thomas. "We're on the west side of the building, Minho."

"You've got 75 seconds Newt."

Teresa looked at Newt and frowned before Newt could question her confusion, they came across a few guards. Nodding towards Newt, he had returned the nod and continued to walk.

Turning a quick left Terea stopped walking. Newt looked at her and saw she was looking at a board. Taking a look at the board as well he saw the name Mr T. Murphy!

"Right. Teresa go. I've got it from here." Newt said and began to run but Teresa grabbed his arm.

"I want to see him."

"That's not a good idea and you know it isn't. He still believes you're on Janson's side. Please.. just go." Newt explained. "I'll bring him out alive. I promise."

Teresa let Newt go and she took deep breaths, trying not to let the tears fall out. Teresa looked out the window and saw a tank rolling up. Oh my god! Teresa thought and ran. She needed to get out of there! She needed to listen to Newt.

-

Newt searched corridor to corridor of names before he fell upon the right one. Weirdly there were no guards around. Opening the cell door Newt saw Thomas sat on his bed.

Thomas looked up and was really confused. He wasn't meant to be taken out of his for anything until another two hours.

Newt saw Thomas was confused and he took off his mask. Seeing Thomas' face light up was the best thing Newt had saw in forever!

"Newt? You're alive?!" Thomas questioned, his voice cracking.

"Tommy? Alright mate? We got to go!" He said throwing Thomas the bag that contained another guards suit. "Come on!"

After Thomas had got dressed the pair walked down the corridor looking out for Janson and other guards.

Bang!

The whole penitentiary was shaken when they heard the explosion.

"Right, that's the signal!" Newt said and grabbed Thomas before beginning to run. Newt stopped Thomas as he saw a few guards running around like headless chickens due to the explosion. "Hold up, go back that way. They're evacuating."

Thomas and Newt went the opposite way and were almost going to get out in time before something or someone caught Thomas' eye.

Her brown hair, her blue eyes, her average height stance and her panic ridden face.

Teresa.

Teresa turned around and saw Thomas and Newt. Her heart was doing somersaults as she locked eyes with the man she loved. After a few seconds Thomas raised his gun and held it up at Teresa.

Her eyes widening she looked at Newt who saw the shock and worry in her face also. Just as Teresa thought he was going to pull the trigger, Newt grabbed Thomas by his shoulders and pushed him out of sight from someone.

Looking in the direction Newt pulled him away from, she saw Janson shooting at them. Running after Thomas and Newt, she led the pair to a safety spot where they wouldn't be seen.

"What the hell are you doing here?" Thomas yelled getting up in her face.

"Thomas-"

"No Newt! Shes the reason this is happening." Thomas says not taking his gaze off of Teresa.

"Thomas she was tricked! Janson told her the story of Mitch. The same one he used to get you convicted in the first place." Newt says pulling Thomas away from her before turning to Teresa. "I told you to get out of here!"

"That was before I found out you and the others hired a tank!" Teresa said and looked behind the wall making sure she didn't see Janson.

"Wait.. go back! What do you mean she was tricked with the same story." Thomas questioned. "Who told her it wasnt true?" Newt looked at Teresa and signed.

"I told Teresa the truth Thomas. The truth about Jessica." He said and Thomas gave Teresa a side eye. "That's why she's helping us. She regrets what she did."

"I did what I thought was right." Teresa explained.

"Well well well!"

All three of them looked to the right and saw Janson and two guards aiming guns at them.

"What party have we got going on here?" He questioned and laughed. "I'll take the girl and the criminal. You take blondie over there." Janson said to his guards. "Nobody gets their happy ending but me!"

-M

I feel like I'm failing this story.

Happy one year anniversary Maze Runner: The Death Cure! 😔❤💫 Rest In Peace to Teresa and Newt, my little angels😇❤