Chapter Four || Who am I?

"Mama, just killed a man

Put a gun against his head

Pulled my trigger, now he's dead."

- 'Bohemian Rhapsody' by Queen.

"No!" Edward Nygma shouted angrily as he pulled out another page from his notebook

"No!" Edward Nygma shouted angrily as he pulled out another page from his notebook. He threw it behind him carelessly and flexed his arms to relax his tense and sore muscles. "Come on, Ed. Come on".

He hit himself on both sides of the head and pulled his sleeves up before starting to write again.

'There's nothing wrong with your brain. Myrtle was wrong! She was the stupid one. 'The Riddlette'? What the hell was that? She was just some stupid barmaid! Did she really think we would ever be partners?' Ed thought to himself.

And If he couldn't think right then he blamed Oswald, Charlotte and her stupid boyfriend. If she hadn't let Fries freeze him, then he wouldn't have to go through all of that. He had been writing riddles for almost six hours and none of them were worthy of his name so far.

"You can do it. This has to be the perfect riddle. No!" Ed pulled out the page he was writing on and threw it to the big pile of paper that surrounded him. Then he had an idea. "Yes. Yes. Yes! Yes!"

He grabbed his knife and walked up to the brick wall in front of him. It was full of pictures of Charlotte and Oswald. He had been staying in a warehouse for a few days now, planning how to attack them.

"You," Ed groaned as he stared at the photos. Then suddenly he stabbed the knife on a photo of Charlotte and Oswald together taken by the 'Gotham Gazette'. "Tomorrow night, Charlotte and Oswald, is the night you die".

On the next morning, Oswald was sitting on his chair at his office, staring at Ed's hat, which had been left behind at his club after Ed was broken out of the ice. All of a sudden, Zsasz walked in, causing Oswald to jump.

"Knocking, Victor. We discussed this," Oswald reminded him annoyed.

"Uh huh," Zsasz hummed, not really caring about what he said. "She's here".

Oswald stood up and straightened his suit. "Show her in".

Zsasz did as he said and signed for the woman outside to walk into Oswald's office. Charlotte came in after her, keeping a close eye on the woman.

"Ms. Falcone, welcome to Gotham," Oswald greeted Sofia Falcone, daughter of former underground boss Carmine Falcone, with open arms.

The young woman dressed in a long dark green dress and red gloves that reached her elbows smiled. "Mr. Cobblepot, it's a pleasure to meet you".

"Call me Oswald," he said and extended his hand for her to shake. Then he pointed at the chair across from him. "Please, have a seat. Thank you for coming to see me".