Chapter Nineteen || Brunch meeting and riddle time

"I have a tendency to become infatuated with those who are distant and difficult to understand, who share themselves sparingly, and rarely with their whole hearts.

I adore the mysteries and enigmas in people. The harder to solve, the better."

- Beau Taplin

Charlotte walked up to the door of Sofia Falcone's mansion

Charlotte walked up to the door of Sofia Falcone's mansion. Sofia was still in a coma and Oswald took advantage of that to stay at her place. Lee went back to Cherry's while Charlotte and Ed had gone back to the Narrows but stayed at an abandoned factory. They cleaned it up and brought in some furniture to the storage rooms to make it comfortable.

What Charlotte didn't like was when Ed decided to make a show there for the people in the Narrows. It was a riddle contest where people would have to answer a riddle asked by Ed and if they got it right, they would get to ask him one in return. If they won, they would take a case full of cash. However, nobody had ever gone past Ed's riddle and that only made the crowd more thirsty for blood. Charlotte swore that if she heard them shout 'Riddle time!' once more, she would kill them all.

The blonde knocked on the door three times and was surprised when instead of Oswald, she saw an unknown man opening the door. His clothes caught her attention. He was wearing the Arkham uniform. Charlotte had heard about the Arkham breakout. The entire violent ward was on the loose, but the GCPD managed to arrest most of them again. Many were still on the loose and that included Jerome Valeska, the mind behind the breakout, the Scarecrow, Jervis Tetch, and apparently the man currently standing in front of her.

"Huh, where's Oswald?" She asked the blonde man, who looked frightened out of his mind. He nodded inside the house. "Okay..."

The man walked past her and led her towards the dining room. As she stepped closer, Charlotte heard a voice. It didn't belong to Oswald and she didn't recognize it right away. She only saw who it was once she arrived in the dining room.

Jerome Valeska...

The ginger boy who almost got her killed when he attacked the GCPD along with the rest of the 'Maniax!' group. He had gone back to Arkham after kidnapping Bruce Wayne and almost killing him. His face had been removed by a fanatic member of his cult and then punched off by Jim Gordon. The doctors managed to reattach his face, but now he had scars around his face, eyes, and on the corners of his mouth.

He was sat at the head of the table and on the other seats were Firefly, Mr. Freeze, the Scarecrow, and on the other end of the table was Oswald.

 Freeze, the Scarecrow, and on the other end of the table was Oswald