Chapter 28: Kindly, a Psychopath

Leo's POV:

"Leo!"

My eyes fly open when I hear my name called. After my eyes have adjusted to the light, I see that Mikey and Donnie are in front of me. Although they're in the tight hold of some Dark Angels, I let out a breath of relief when I don't see any indications that they've been hurt or tortured, besides the bruise on Donnie's head, and the puncture in Mikey's gut. But I think both of those things happened during our initial fight.

"Mikey! Donnie!" I reach my arms down to run to them, but am pulled back. I look up and remember that I'm chained.

"Not sure if it was a collective little something you all decided, but each one of your declined my little offer," Melinda says monotonously. "Although I know you'll regret it, I'll have to respect your decisions."

"If you respected our decisions, you'd let us go," I say coldly.

Melinda smiles. "I respect your decisions; I just don't agree with them. Thus, I'm keeping you all here."

"You know, you can't get through life like that," Mikey says. "You can't just kidnap everyone you don't agree with until they agree with you."

"Well I can certainly try." She pauses, and then glances over at the men who are holding my brothers back. "Chain them." Following her order, they both proceed to chain Donnie and Mikey to the wall. We are each chained to one side of a wall, and I can't help but feel a missing piece of our family when I notice that Raph isn't here. I almost ask Melinda if she has him, but I bite my tongue. I just hope that Raph made it out safely. That's the best case scenario. 

She dismisses the Dark Angels that brought my brothers in, and soon enough, it's just my brothers, me and Melinda left in the room.

"I must warn you," she says slowly, a smile creeping up on her face. "Mercy isn't in my vocabulary."

"And surrender isn't in ours," I shoot back.

Her cold eyes linger on me for a few moments, and then before I can contemplate what's going on, she's slapped me across the face. The burning sensation from my cheek comes both from the impact and a sense of humiliation. I'm not used to being hit by a girl. In any other circumstance, my brothers would probably laugh at me. But they're not laughing now.

"Here are the rules," she says, glaring into me. "Any wrong answers, you'll be punished." I feel like her stare is going to burn right through me. "Got it?"

I don't respond.

I feel a kick directly to my stomach, and hear my brothers call my name in surprise. I groan and drop my head. Melinda grabs my face and holds a blade up to it. I feel the cold blade pressing against my cheek, and immediately feel vulnerable.

"No answer counts as a wrong answer," she growls, taking the blade from my face. "This is going to be a long, long fight if you all keep resisting." I feel an odd mixture of pressure yet relief that she is focusing on me rather than my brothers.

"Let's start out simple," she says. "Where can we find Oroku Saki?"

"I don't know of anybody by that name." Although this earns another kick in the stomach, I'm not lying. Shredder no longer goes by Shredder, and after things softened out, I no longer even consider him the Shredder. He's Jaxon or Lexi's dad.

"Lies," she sneers.

"Is it though?" I ask. I know I'm pushing the limit, but I want to do all I can to prevent her from turning towards my brothers. If she's going to hurt anyone, I want it to be me. I couldn't stand to see Mikey or Donnie beaten right in front of my eyes, and not be able to do anything about it.