f i f t e e n

HERE IT IS OKAY THIS IS MY FAVORITE CHAPTER SO FAR SORRY IF IT SUCKS BUT PLOT MAN JUST THE PLOT. SORRY I SUCK ASS AT WRITING OKAY. JUST BEAR WITH ME OKAY. 

MAN I JUST DEDICATE THIS CHAPTER TO ALL YOU GUYS CAUSE YOU ACTUALLY ENJOY THIS AND IDK WHY CAUSE IM A GIANT LOSER. BUT THANK YOU BEEBS.

{Unedited}

Eight weeks now.

Two weeks since my breakdown.

And I decided to cut Luke out completely. I won't look at him anymore. I don't know if he looks at me. I try not to think about him too much, and though Nate still thinks I'm fucking in love with him or something, he's refrained from saying anything.

Vinny, however, has been acting like a damn child with a new toy every time he sees me. He'll throw me a wink or stick his tongue out, maybe throw in a few diragatory gestures here and there. Maybe throw a fist or two in front of him, or anything that even remotely resembles him beating Luke.

I forced myself to not care, but that doesn't stop the acidic feeling I get when I see him, like I might just throw up all over the ground.

But Luke chose that life. And that's on him.

I was trudging my way from my car to the park, after having gotten a new tattoo from Ray. It was just a Dumbledore quote across my ribs that read, 'We must all face the choice between what is right and what is easy.'

Something I'm not very good at.

Anyways, Christmas was in about two weeks and the trees in the park were all strung with lights and the gazebo in the center was lined with some as well, and despite the warm atmosphere the air was a bit too cold for other Australians, apparently.

I walked up onto the gazebo and sat on one of the benches around the sides, shoving my hands in my coat pockets and leaning my head back against the railing.

I sighed deeply and felt the constant lump in my throat these days, slowly sink. I almost felt at peace after all the fucking shit that's kept me awake at night for weeks now. I haven't gotten a real nights sleep since it happened.

"I didn't think any other Australian had a mild tolerance for cold weather, too."

And the lump in my throat submerged once more.

I stood up slowly and took in the sight of the blonde boy with the furry girls' boots and bad posture and black eye, and I could barely breathe.

I was angry. I was so angry. I was furious. He ignores me for two damn months, treating me like the dirt beneath his shoes and like I was nothing, and he has the nerve to show up out of nowhere and talk to me about the god damn weather?

I wanted to yell. I wanted to yell and scream and cry and punch something and collapse on the ground. I was completely infuriated.

"Calms me down." Was what I decided to say instead.

He slowly and carefully approached me as he pulled his hood over his head and stuffed his hands in his pockets. "Why's that?"

I moved my gaze to anywhere but him. It felt like being punched in the chest just looking at him, like this aching feeling that made my head hurt and my blood rush and my eardrums pound and my heartbeat accelerate.

"Because it's different." I said, looking down at my feet. "Australia's always so damn hot and a lot of people can't stand the idea of change, but not me. I appreciate change. Change is what's gotten me through life so far. I decided I wanted change when I finally left my father. I decided I wanted change when I went back to school. I decided I wanted change when I, when I..."