t w e n t y - s e v e n

I WAS SUPPOSED TO UPDATE ONE SHOTS BUT ITS 12:40 AT NIGHT AND MY MOM JUST CAME OUT AND YELLED AT ME AND IS ABOUT TO SHUT THE INTERNET OFF FOR THE NIGHT SO I HAVE TO FUCKING WAIT UNTIL TOMORROW IM SORRY IM HORRIBLE BLAME MY MOM I TRIED

Lmao this sucks ballsacks but i had to get this awkward chapter out of the way ugh

{unedited} 

Luke 

Approximately six and half hours spent with Avery, until the world I'd began building back up was knocked back to the ground.

As it turns out, Owen's new girlfriend that he hadn't told me about, was a lovely, beautiful, sweet girl by the name of Caitlyn.

And no, this is not some silly, mere coincidence. This was not another Caitlyn, that he'd met somewhere far, far away from here. In fact, it happened to be the one Caitlyn that made a difference.

Nate's Caitlyn.

And whether Owen knew that or not, was beyond me. Perhaps that's why he never mentioned her name or, said anything about her, really.

Anyways, apparently, while I had been out and about the city with Avery, Owen brought Caitlyn back to our dorm. And Nate, coincidentally decided to come talk to me at the same time, and welcomed himself in when nobody answered the (unlocked) door.

So, if you hadn't put the pieces together yet, Nate walked in on the two of them, er, together, and all hell broke loose.

So as we speak, Nate had me cornered in the dorm halls while Avery sat on the other side of the room with a bloody nose and busted lip from Nate's rage. Scrawny? Yes. Fiesty? Very.

And so Nate was crying right now, and his nose was running slightly from the tears, but he managed to keep up some sort of scary facade all the while as he had me corned.

"I swear to fucking God, Luke. And to think I came down here to talk things out with you. Meanwhile, you were keeping this whole fucking deal with your douchebag roommate to yourself! God, fuck you!" He yelled, shoving me against the wall.

"Nate I swear, I didn't--"

"Bullshit! Of course you knew!" He yelled, before stepping a few steps too close to me, and lowering his voice to a whisper. "That was your last chance, Hemmings. I'm telling Ashton fucking everything."

And suddenly, my heart dropped to my stomach and I swear, I thought I was going to physically keel over at just the thought of him saying anything. He was supposed to be my friend. Things were never supposed to turn out like this.

"Oh God, oh God, Nate, no, please. No. Anything but that. I'll do anything." I pleaded with a lump in my throat.

"Oh yeah? Anything?" He asked, smirking a bit sadistically.

And I just nodded shamefully.

"Fucking tough." He spat, before backing away from me.

I grabbed him by the arm, though, because I wouldn't let him leave. I couldn't. There are things in your liftime that you have to learn to face and deal with, and then things you bury at the bottom of the ocean and never think of again. And what he was going to tell Ashton, was at the top of the bottom-of-the-ocean list.

"Nate, please. You can't do that. It was Owen, not me." And at this point, I didn't even feel bad for throwing Owen under the bus, because I didn't know if this all happened on purpose or what, but for once, I decided I'd rather save my own ass.