Babies-chapter 27

Dougie:"(3:00am 21st August) Tom, it's time. Will be at the nearest hospital.

Tom:"oh my god...errrr ok me and Hayley will be there as soon as we can we will have to wait until Libby wakes up, she needs her sleep."

Dougie:"ok mate, see you soon and wish us luck (well Alex).

Tom:"yeah good luck"

Dougie's POV

I let everyone know, Alex's water broke 2 weeks after going to the hospital about the epidural. So we made our way in my car to the hospital ASAP. I'd never seen Alex so distressed or worried. I felt worried but I knew that I had to concentrate on driving which luckily I did.

We arrived at the hospital and checked in. She was in the labour unit and she was doing ok. She was on some gas that they had to put her on. They (luckily) gave her the epidural as the babies would have came out 'very slowly and very painfully' as one of the nurses had said.

Alex had no objections to this so she had this massive needle shoved in her spine Alex didn't seem to care much as the pain from almost about to give birth to two babies was taking over from anything else. I honestly don't know how women cope, but you do and you all need a fucking medal.

2 hours later a vey tired looking Danny and Allie walked into the room, Allie saw Alex and ran straight to her asking if she was ok and Alex just said

"Well I could give birth any minute now and I'm slightly terrified of that thought but other than that I'm good"

Allie-"ok ok sorry.....stupid question"

Danny-"hope everything's going to be ok."

Dougie-"she's had this drug which numbs all feeling whilst giving birth."

Danny-"oh....she'll be fine then"

Dougie-"I hope so"

It was only Danny and Allie who came, Harry and izzy are on holiday and Tom and Hayely are looking after their baby. (Which is fair enough).

~4 hours later (9.00 am)~

Alex started having more contractions and this was it our babies were coming.

So Danny and Allie were escorted out of the room as they didn't want too many people I'm there. I of course stayed with her, holding her hand she said that the drugs were wearing off but they didn't have time to give her more. I panicked but I tried to stay calm for her.

I held her hand so tightly and I closed my eyes. I heard her scream so loudly I wanted to cry hearing her in so much pain.

Then I had her in tears too and then she screamed again.

My hand felt like it had broken but my heart was in too much pain to care about that.

I heard everything go silent.

Crying, but not Alex's our first baby was here.

I opened my eyes and Alex smiled at me the best she could as she sat there holding our baby.

The girl had came out first, she was the most beautiful and delicate thing I've ever seen.

She was then passed to me as Alex was about to have our boy.

I held her and I'd never really held a baby before and it all seemed to come so naturally.

I loved her i was still in tears by this point. I heard her scream again.

Our little boy was here too. Alex looked so relieved and I was still in tears from emotions and Alex had tears because of the pain.

I sat next to her whilst the nurses cleaned her up, and everything like that. I was holding our little girl and she was holding our little boy, I felt complete this was my family and I am so lucky to be apart of it.

Alex-"you alright babe?"

Dougie-"yeah seeing our little girl made me a little bit emotional and you being in pain made me emotional too"

Alex-"aww Doug, I'm fine look"

She gave me a reassuring smile.

Dougie-"I know baby girl and look how worth all the pain was, we now have two beautiful children"

Alex-"I know"

I kissed her on the forehead and we swapped children I was holding the little boy and Alex the girl.

Alex-"so Luke?"

Dougie-"you read my mind"

Alex-"and ell..."

Dougie-"...no Zoe or Zoella, Zoe for short"

Alex-"I love it, thankyou"

Dougie-"I'm glad and anytime beautiful"

Alex-"ok we can call them two in now"

Tom and Hayley came to see the babies and I was so happy, I never thought two children could change my life like they have. And Alex, without her they were not possible and I love my family with all my heart and will until the day I die.