Chapter 14

"Mavery, you're fired."

The first thing that came to mind was what?

I didn't understand.

"What?" I trembled out.

"You're fired." Jill scolded one more time annoyed.

"Wait why?" I tried to ask her without screaming or crying. I needed this job. I needed it to pay for food and everything since my mom didn't give two shits about me.

"Your friend Ethan here, told me you had sexually tried to come onto one of the band members here," she started, "and you damn well know that's not allowed."

"That is not what happened!" I screamed not caring who heard me.

I turned to see Ethan across the room talking to Calum and Michael.

I ran over to him with my arms out ready to shove him.

"YOU FUCKING LIAR!" I screamed shoving him backwards. He was like a foot taller than me but every emotion towards him I felt was angry.

"YOU'RE A LIAR AND JUST BECAUSE I DIDN'T KISS YOU BACK OR ANYTHING YOU DECIDE TO DO THIS?!" at this point I was yelling.

He looked at me like he was the victim,

"Well at least I didn't sleep with a certain band member and joined the club of sluts over there."

"ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS? Stop lying!" I screeched.

By this time we had drawn all attention to us

Ethan held a smug smirk on his face as he opened his mouth,

"Well at least now I don't have to see this slut anymore. No one does cause she'll probably go home and kill her little depressed self which her mom won't come home in time because she doesn't care about her little pathetic daughter."

My eyes were on the verge of letting all the tears I've held back loose, I pulled my hand back ready to attack his face with my nails but as I lunged forward I felt 2 arms wrap around my waist.

I tried to fight them but they were too strong however I could still hear and yell at Ethan.

Ethan decided to open his huge ass mouth again,

"Aw look the little sex buddy is helping her."

"CALUM ISN'T THE SEX BUDDY YOU GODDAMN PRICK, AND ALSO NONE OF THEM ARE SEX BUDDIES YOU ASSHOLE GET THAT THROUGH YOUR DICKHEAD BRAIN!"

At this point I was being dragged away, but not before I could hear Jill yell to me,

"Mavery it was nice having you but I'm afraid you can't come back to work for us anymore. I'm sorry Callie was supposed to tell you."

That's the reason. That's the reason Callie has been avoiding me. She didn't want to tell me. God dammit. She was my only friend I guess.

That was it. I was done here. I didn't even actually do anything. Calum brought me to an empty room with a couch and a mirror in it. He set me down, and tried to calm me down. I was hysterically crying and didn't realize I was shaking until Calum hugged me even tighter.

Ethan was a dirty and filthy liar. He was the one who kissed me and freaked when I didn't like him back, so he goes and tells Jill that I had sex with Calum?

As I remember what he told me I sobbed even louder, pressing my head into Calum's chest. My arms were pressed into his chest as well. I thought about what he said.

Before I knew it I was dragging my nails into my skin. Calum's grip on me lightened as he felt my hands move however I kept scratching. The pain I felt on my skin tearing through my old scars felt relieving yet unbearable. Something about the ripping of my skin made me feel free.

"Mavery!" Calum yelled as he noticed the blood dripping down my arms.

He reached for my arms trying to separate the contact between them, but failed to pull them apart. I kept my grip tight as I dragged my nails across my skin.

I was still sobbing uncontrollably, but I felt another pair of arms trying to separate my arms. This hand was soft and managed to loosen my grip. I kept crying as I felt a hand intertwine with the hand that was scratching at my arm.

I squeezed the hand hard as I shut my eyes tightly.

My arms hurt and my eyes were still filled with tears.

I felt myself being lifted off the couch and into somebody's lap.

My head went immediately into the persons chest once again.

As soon as I inhaled, the smell was intoxicating. It was a smell I knew too well.

At this point I didn't even care anymore I needed Luke.

He silently cradled me in his arms as my sobs became quieter.

I wiped my eyes and took a deep breath.

"Mave," I heard a quiet whisper.

"Mave, it's okay, you're okay." Luke hugged me even tighter.

Calum sat on the counter in the corner of the room watching me calm down.

I looked to both of the boys and before I could stop myself I started rambling,

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry, oh my god."

"Shhh" Luke cooed.

I put my face in both my hands.

I finally remembered what happened and it finally hit me. I'm fired.

"Oh my god, what do I do?" I exhaled.

I didn't have any money other than my last month's paycheck, which wouldn't last me long. I didn't have anything else to do with my life, didn't have any friends that I could stay with when I lose the apartment. My mom didn't care and she hasn't since I was little.

I started to have shortened breaths again as I thought about the possibilities of my downward spiral.

Two hands were wrapped around mine once again, calming me down.

I had no idea why but Luke's touch had that effect on me. Luke had that effect on me.

"I can't believe I'm fired. "

Calum was the first to speak, "What a fucking dickhead."

I couldn't believe my ears when I heard what he was saying. It was like all the things I've been trying to fix just came crashing down once again. The world literally didn't want me to be happy.

I sighed and looked to the two pairs of worrisome eyes staring me down. Then it hit me. Maybe someone does care about me.

Out of the blue I started laughing. Both boys immediately stared at me like I had four heads.

I then stared at Calum, "Cal I'm really sorry that whenever we're together it always turns out that I'm crying in a dressing room."

He cracked a small smile.

I sat up getting off of Luke's lap and started to dust off my pants.

I started to think. No more little depressed girl, no more crying like a helpless soul, I have to go and get over it.

I guess I better go pack my things.

-

i feel like every chapter mavery is just a hot mess and i promise this is the last scene to be like this i know it's been repetitive but everything changes in the next chapter so

Yay for awkward endings?

Ah omg so Mavery's all like wow this world is full of bullshit

||| unedited |||

Lil bit of terribly written drama but I mean what's a chapter without a lil bit of drama

and ya so i'm excited ily xx