ten // smokin'

"You coming tomorrow?" Ashton asked Michael as they played COD. Michael had not come to school the entire week, so Ashton had visited him everyday with his chemistry and music homework. It was now Sunday, and Michael still had yet to leave the hospital.

"I think so," He said. "But I need to get a change of clothes from home."

"Want me to take you after I beat your arse in this game?"

"That's some big talk for a small player."

"Oh, it is on, Clifford!"

The two boys' got very committed to their game and did not notice Luke and Calum walk in until they started cheering them on.

"Come on Ash! BE THE MAN." Luke cheered him on as he jumped and did real-life actions as Ashton's avatar.

"You got this, Mikey! SHOW HIM WHO THE BOSS IS."

"Excuse me, boys, but I think the boss is me."

Ashton and Michael froze, their characters dying. Luke and Calum stared at each other wide-eyed before running out of the room.

The two boys situated on the floor with only a bucket of popcorn between them turned their heads slowly. "Heyyyy, Mummy," Michael gave an awkward wave.

"Hello, Michael," Karen said as she was helped to her bed by a nurse. "Ashton, I see you've come back?"

Ashton flashed her a large smile. "Just trying to make your son a little less lonely." He said, wrapping an arm around Michael's shoulder.

"Get off of me." Michael said, shoving him to the ground. "I'm too perfect for you."

Ashton laughed, though in his mind he did agree with Michael; he was too perfect for Ashton, which made him wonder why Michael even associated himself with the lad.

"Yeah, okay," Ashton said with a snort, turning around to face Karen. "Hey Karen, are you going to come to your house to get new clothes or would you like Michael to pick some up for you?"

"I'd-" Karen began but the nurse cut her off.

"Ms. Clifford has been ordered to stay here," She said as she flattened the sheets. "She's a bit ill."

"I'm fine." Karen snapped. "I just am feeling a bit light headed."

"If you say so," The nurse shrugged. "Mr. Clifford, I advise you and Mr. Irwin to keep your voices down."

"Magggggie," Michael and Ashton groaned simultaneously. "Don't call us those old people names. Call us Sexy and Smokin'."

"Well you're obviously smokin' weed if you think I'd ever do that," Maggie said, cracking a smile. The two boys rolled around in laughter while Karen giggled.

"Burn," She said, watching her son and his friend's faces alight with amusement.

"Okay, okay," Ashton said, calming himself down. "Mike, you ready to go?"

"Yeah," Michael said, though he most definitely was not ready.

//

"Your house is so cool," Ashton said as they walked in a bit.

"Y-yeah I guess," Michael said shakily. He did his best to pass by the living room without looking at it.

"Um, my r-room's upstairs," He said, clutching the banister as they went up.

Ashton frowned; something was wrong.

"Michael, are you okay?" He asked, stopping Michael from reaching for a red flannel.

He shrugged. "I guess."

Ashton nodded warily, something still seemed off. "Alright," He said. "I'm going to go the bathroom quick, where is it?"

"Second door on the right."

"Okay."

Ashton tried his best to be quick, he really did.

Why wasn't he quick enough?

"GO AWAY!"

// an

I'm such a bad person

Oh well

Deal with it.

(the video for that gif was perf omg but I don't remember the name and i feel bad 😩)

Later nerds.//