Chapter 2

Brielle POV

After that beating I got from my step-dad yesterday, I started thinking that running away is going to be my only chance at having a better life.

Right now, my step-dad just came in to get me up for school. I get up, limping over to my dresser to pull out some clothes for the day.

I went and did all my hygiene stuff and showered before I got dressed.

We left the house and he drove off to the school

He pulls up and stops me before I can get out of the car.

Step-dad: You better behave from now on Brielle or you will get it worse than yesterday. Understand?

Me: Yes.

I get out of the car and go into the building.

Class starts and we have a new kid.

Mrs. Hemming: Class, we have a new student joining us today. Darius, would you like to introduce yourself to the class?

Darius: I'm Darius King and I just transferred here from Chicago.

Mrs. Hemming: You can go sit next to Brielle. Brielle raise your hand.

I raised my hand and he came and sat next to me.

She started off today with math. This is by far my least favorite subject. I'm horrible at it.

One of the girls in class passed out a worksheet and Mrs. Hemming told us to work on it and turn it in either pride if we finish or tomorrow.

I look over the sheet and then put it in my bag.

Darius: You not gone work on it?

Me: Nah.

Darius: Why not?

Me: Cause I don't know how to do it.

Darius: I can help you.

I pull it back out and he shows me what to do and then we work on the rest of the sheet together.

He looked over at my sheet when I wrote my name.

Darius: Your last name is King too?

Me: Yeah.

Darius nods and then the class moves on to something else.
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
I am on my way to the principals office. I'm in trouble for something that wasn't even my fault. Ain't nobody tell this lil girl to start picking at me. She just did and the teacher saw saw it and did nothing. But she damn sure saw when I picked back at that trick. So now I'm in trouble.

I walked into the office and the secretary sent me in.

I go in and sit down.

Principal: I'm Mr. King, the new principal.