Chapter 4

Brielle POV

I was woken up this morning by my dad. Since I can't sleep in a bed right now, I slept in the recliner chair that was in my room. It used to be a guest room but now it's my room and my dad said that I can redecorate it however I want when I feel up to it.

Miss Nahla came in my room to help me get in the shower. I got out and she helped me get dressed. I did the rest of my hygiene and then my dad came and carried me down the stairs.

He sat me on the couch and I looked at my phone while everybody else was still getting ready for the day

So I got to know a lot about my family last night. My dad is 37 and Miss Nahla is 36. My dad has two brothers, no sisters. My grandparents live in Atalanta, Georgia. I have an older brother named Darnell. He is 20 and he lives here in Dallas too. He goes to school here, but he stays on campus. He's coming over tomorrow to meet me. I also have two younger sisters. Cadence is 10 and Makena is 5. Makena wasn't here last night but she'll be back today. Cadence was also staying with a friend last night. I can't wait to meet them. I've always been the only child which I was kinda of happy about because I didn't want a younger sibling who would have had to go through what I went through.

Pretty soon everyone was downstairs and ready. Miss Nahla cooked breakfast. I got up and walked to the kitchen. It took me a while to get in there but I made it.

I sat down at the kitchen table and my uncle brought my food over to me.

We ate and talked a little.

Dad: How do you feel Bri? Does it still hurt?

Me: Yeah it does but it's not as bad as last night.

Dad: Okay.

He got up and got my meds and I took the pill that I have to take every four hours for pain which means I will have to take this while I'm at school. I only have to use the ointment once in the morning and once at night.

I took the pill and then we left for school.

When we got there, my dad helped me out of the car.

Darius carried my bookbag and I walked with my dad up to the building.

First, we went into the office to change all of my contact information.

Mrs. Crowder: How can I help you today?

Dad: We need to change all of Brielle's contact information.

Mrs. Crowder: Okay I can help you with that. What are we changing?

Dad: We need to take the two names that are already on there off and you can put down my name as her father.

Mrs. Crowder: And what's your name sir?

Dad: Darell King.

He turns to me.

Dad: Do you want to leave your moms name on or take it off?