Chapter 3

Brielle POV

It's been a few months since I met Darius. Me and him have an unbreakable bond. And we are not dating. We will never date. He's just like a brother to me. He looks out for me and I do the same for him.

We have both noticed that we have a lot of similar features too. The same eyes, nose, and lips. We're both left handed and well here's one that wasn't really hard to find: we have the same last name.

He thinks that we may be related in some kind of way but I don't know. I mean, it's possible, but I don't know if we are blood related.

My step-dad has been getting worse. He's always finding the smallest thing to snap out on me about.

Tonight, I'm getting away for a while. Darius invited me to dinner with his family. My mom and step-dad would probably never let me go but I'm going through my window. They will probably never know because my mom is strung out and my step-dad is getting drunk and he'll be passed out by the time I have to come back home.

I did my hygiene and got ready to go. His moms picking me up in about 20 minutes and I'm going to already be on our front porch when they get here so that they don't know I snuck out.

I finish getting dressed and then I slowly open up my window

I finish getting dressed and then I slowly open up my window. I open it just enough for me to climb out and then, once I'm out, I let it back down. I walk around the house and wait for them to pull up.

They drove up about 5 minutes after I got outside.

I got in the car and then we drove off towards their house. When we got there, I got out behind Darius and they led me into the house.

We go in and his whole family is here.

He introduces me and then I hear someone ask if he was going to tell me now or later.

He said now and then turned around to me.

Darius: Bri, what I'm about to tell you is going to sound a little weird but just hear me out okay?

I nod.

Darius: So you know how a couple weeks ago I told you it looked like it was something in your hair and that I was going to pull it out.

Me: Yeah?

Darius: Well I kinda took a piece of your hair.

Me: You took a piece of my hair? For what?

Darius: A DNA test. We both noticed the similarities between us and then I overheard my parents talking about looking for my dads daughter, Brielle. So I got it and we did the DNA and it was a 99.9% match.

I'm speechless. I don't know what to say. I want to cry, I have so many questions I want to ask and I just don't know where to start.

Darius: Are you okay Bri?