Chapter 21

6 Years Later

Brielle POV

Life is going good. The kids are all doing great. They are getting so big and it's amazing watching them grow right before my eyes.

Brooklyn, Kali, and Sekani are all in 1st grade while Darell is in 2nd. They are doing amazing in school.

I'm still with the FBI's legal team and Derek is still with the BAU.

I just finished up some paper work and was about to go to a meeting when my phone rang. I looked and saw that it was the kids school.

Me: Hello?

School: Hi. Is this Mrs. Morgan, Brooklyn Morgan's mother?

Me: Yes it is. What's going on?

School: Brooklyn has been in an altercation with a fellow classmates. Will you be able to come down to the school?

Me: I'll be there soon.

I hung up the phone and grabbed my purse and keys. Brooklyn better have a good explanation for what happened.

I walked out of my office and up to Janelle.

Me: Hey Janelle, I have to run out for a minute. I should be back in an hour or so.

Janelle: Okay.

I took the elevator down to the floor the BAU is on.

I went inside and saw Derek standing outside of his office with Penelope and Dave. Derek saw me and walked over to me.

Derek: Hey baby. What's up?

Me: We have to get to the school.

Derek: What's going on? Is one of the kids sick?

Me: Nope. Brooklyn was in an altercation.

Penelope: Sweet little Brooklyn?

Me: Sweet little Brooklyn.

Derek: You ready Bri?

Me: Yeah.

We left and got in the car.

Derek drove to the school. We got there and went straight to the office.

Brooklyn was sitting in there and so was a little boy and his parents.

The principal came out and called us all into the office.

We went in and sat at the table with Brooklyn sitting in between Derek and I.

Principal Cooper: Mr. and Mrs. Morgan. Mr. and Mrs. Blake, you were called in because of an altercation between Brooklyn and Coby. We'll let the kids explain what happened. Brooklyn.

We looked at Brooklyn. She sat there with her arms crossed.

Me: Brooklyn, would you like to explain to us what happened?

She looked up at me.

Brooklyn: Not really.

Principal Cooper: Well, let's let Coby explain.

Coby: We were on the playground and Brooklyn punched me.

I looked at Brook and she had this look on her face.

Derek: Why did you punch him Brooklyn?

Brooklyn: He's been messing with me all day. First he took my pencil during class. And then he took my jacket when we were at recess and he wouldn't give it back. He kept throwing it to his friend. And then he pulled on my hair. So I punched him.